Monarchy Forum
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 7 of 16     «   Prev   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   Next   »


Registered:
Posts: N/A
Reply with quote  #91 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYMonarchist

OK, Theo, I just didn't want him to potentially end up banned. Goodness knows we've had too many members leaving as of late.


I am grateful for your kind consideration. I welcome advisories given in prvate messages, if given in that benevolent spirit of consideration. I can always respect that, even if I might not agree with such advice. But in this case, i took your message as advice, not as any official directive, because I recognize and respect the authority here of RoyalCello. In my forums,(I have over 60 different forums), I expect the same kind respect from my forum members.

But there is much to be said for this forum. It has much more participation because there are much less distractions,(such as elaborate profiles, music, videos, etc), therefore the focus is more on posts because there are none of those other distractions to focus upon. The difference between here and where my forums exist is like the difference between a specialized fine art gallery and a shopping mall.




Registered:
Posts: N/A
Reply with quote  #92 
One thing the young man neglected to tell about me is that have the talent to take a dead PHP forum and get it moving in volumes because if nothing else, I remind people what they are passionate about enough to awake from their slumber to vocalize it!




panafricanforum

Registered:
Posts: 334
Reply with quote  #93 

What the imperial family need to do create a political party in Ethiopia that will represent their agenda and the agenda of the people.  I strongly believe there are members in the government will support the restoration of the monarchy.  The imperial family must capitalize their support because if the imperial family were allow to have their titles restored and some land given to them there have to be some supporters of the imperial family.

Attached Images
Click image for larger version - Name: monarchist13.jpg, Views: 5, Size: 3.48 KB 

__________________
I am for the restoration of the Ethiopian monarchy.

Ethiomonarchist

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 5,268
Reply with quote  #94 

Quote:

Preveiously Posted by Minilik

Your libelous charges are based on nothing but false assumptions. Did I not just state that I have relatives here who own and operate the most well known Abesha Restaurant/Market? And gave a link too. Why don't you call and ask my cousin Eyob before you make assumptions! How dare you say I am not Abesha when you do not even know me! You are wrong on all the bad things you said about me. The only thing you got right is that I have used 2 of those identities on ONE forum that you frequent, Medrek Forum. Why? Because I saw it is full of anti-christians and anti-monarchists as you know that is very true of that place.

As for everything I have said here, it is based in FACT. Your ignorance is only surpassed by your arrogance to think that you know so much that you could never possibly be WRONG in your liberal views.

I have already said openly I am a former Eyasuist before I discovered that my ancestor was no more legitimately seated than any who followed him. That is a provable fact. Anyone who can read history knows who Yohannes commanded should succeed him. Is the commands of an emperor are worth nothing to you, then why are you on HERE? Is this forum not for true monarchists? That is what it seemed to say as I saw with my own eyes on the way in here!

And if you think that Mengesha would refuse the throne if it were made available to him, then you are no more rational than you sound.

And so what if I do not know Amharic as well as you? I AM THIRD GENERATION! Your children will also not know it as well as you. I'd bet on that! My family came to America 112 years ago! And besides that my ancestor's language was TIGRIÑA, not Amharic! You youngsters forget that Amharic was not even made the national language until long AFTER Haile Selassie was in office! Why should I care about Amharic? I am Tigrinyan! If you had your story straight you'd know that there was never a time when I ever said my great grandmother was from Aksum where her mother was born and also her grandparents. Since when is Amharic even taken seriously by the average Tigrinyan?

You say "I think I know who this person is"? Have you ever met me in your life? Did you ever go to church with me? Did you ever occupy the same room as me? Were you ever even within the same 1 mile radius as me? I doubt it! You do not know me. You have only seen me on one website and you misjudge and condemn me based on NOTHING except the fact that your mis-educated liberal young mind disagreed with my politics and your anti-religious mentality disagreed with my moral values because I am a far right-wing religious person and you do not share my values. Like most liberals you hate anyone who wants to speak about how eveil fornication is, which is, of course, the MOST favorite pastime of young liberals like yourself. So naturally you have nothing good to say of anyone, clergy or not, who speak about how evil is the lust of the flesh and the pride of life. You want education and government to be secular to the point that it is sterile of all religious rights just so you young liberals can avoid having a guilt complex about your ungodly morally-liberal values and lifestyles. Do I pretty well have YOU pegged here? I think so. I do not remember you specifically from Medrek, but I do remember that the ONLY people who I had trouble with there were moslems and godless secular humanists. Which one of these are you? The latter I'll suppose. I had no problems with others there. In fact, there was a number of very religious and very Christian people who agreed with me and regularly would express their appreciation in private because they knew that if they voiced an opinion that was unpopular among the godless liberals that they could count on me to defend them without reservation, so long as they were Biblically correct, and so I did and that is why there is such vile hatred we who do not withhold the truth and who have the backbone to stand up and speak against the liberal tsunami that is attempting to corrupt the whole world. If you disagreed with my views and values there then I doubt that you have had the good sense to repent since then.

You accuse me of not even being Abesha but yet you have NO evidence. You only say that because you refuse to recognize  people who have mixed with whites as being true Abyssinian citizens! What does that make you? Yeah, it starts with the letter R and rhymes with the word "faces". I remember that was another thing I got a lot of on Medrek... racism against mixed people.

And by the way, I was not banned from Medrek. I voluntarily left because saw that the Admin was on the side of the liberals and was also very racist against Oromos and other people groups from Southern provinces.  I still have a working account there but never use it because of the "preferred clientèle", because the Bible says if they will not hear you, to regard them as the heathen and to leave them to be consumed by their wickedness shake their dust from off your feet. That is what the Lord told believers about those who refuse to receive and who mistreat his servants.

I just looked at your profile here and I see you claim that angelfire website is YOUR homepage. If that is true, they you are a backstabber because on Medrek the owner of that website used to pretend that he was a friend and sympathetic to my concerns, quite the CONTRARY of what I quote from you above! But then you could be someone other than the owner who just wanted to list a well developed info site if you had none of your own to put in the URL field. So I will not presume that the owner of that site is such a treacherous person until I know for sure. therefore I have sent an email to that person and if I do not receive a reply from their email address saying that this is indeed them posting here I will have to assess you as an imposter posing as the owner of http://angelfire.com/ny/ethiocrown/ on here and if it is you then that will prove you are indeed a treacherous person who pretends to befriend and then turns out to be a Judas. Well as I type this, I sent that email and await the reply.

So do not bother me. You have already made it sufficiently clear that you are someone whom I have rejected in the past. I will not respond to your disparaging lies any further after this post now that I know you are an enemy. I am ONLY here to fellowship with those who are true monarchists of conservative Biblical values. That clearly does NOT include YOU.

And so what if YOU consider strongly Biblically-based views to be "outlandish" as you put it. Who cares if you are against crown law or if you agree with those who do. I doubt if you even understand the legal terms I used or even know the difference between a de jur government and a de facto government. Crown law says what it says and your disagreement can not change the fact that you are at odds with the law even if you are in agreement with a majority of people.  Since when is majority rule what governs a true monarchy? That is what they seek to do in a demoncracy! "The will of the people" and all that rubbish! The will of the people is BAD because it is always against the will of God and leads only to socialist popularism! Is this the demoncracy forum or the monarchy forum? If you are demoncratic, does anyone have a gun to your head to make you come here and speak against monarchist views and values or to endorse those who act contrary to crown law that has been established for MILLENIA?

I do not know a LITTLE bit about Abesha history as you claim. I know a LOT about it. in fact it is the secondary one of the 2 main things I teach, second only to teaching the Holy Faith.

In fact, and not to boast, but I know a lot more than a kid like YOU about Abesha history even though you may have spent more time there. Especially regarding what the pre-1930 historians taught. Not the tainted new history books you may have been taught from, history books written by marxists or at least screened by them! How can you get it right when you only want to look at history through secular marxist colored glasses? That question is rhetorical. It was not an invitation to answer. Go bother someone else. You are ነጸገ ጸላኢ ረሳሕ. IE: what the Bible in the Koine Greek calls "anathema".

For you, a  false believer, to call upon God, pretending as if you were one of His followers, is to take His name in blasphemous vanity and is therefore offensive.


And like the typical under-educated orthodox you arrogantly believe that any other faith are fake Christians even we who were the original 300 years before there was even such a thing as an orthodox church, and that is why you so disrespectfully and mockingly ridicule me for saying that I am a nebiy, because you ignorantly think that there is no true office of ministry that YOUR apostatized church doesn't recognize. If the abune says there are no prophets then you accept that programming like a good little robot... nevermind the fact that most "Ethiopian Orthodox" priests can not even read and all of our Bete Israel clergy can! Yet you believe those illiterates know the Bible which they can't even read and you trust them when they allow their members to think lies such as that muslims have the same god as we do! They allow you to think that because they are negligent to do their job to teach you what the bible really says! Like you, they have gone liberal and lazy and they don't think that truth matters! But I assure you, and if you remember nothing else, remember this:

TRUTH MATTERS!



This was a very long post to respond to, and there are several other subsequent posts in addition to this, and various private posts to me and an e-mail to my work e-mail which is VERY improper considering the subject matter. I will respond to all right here and address this issue exactly ONCE.  You can then go on and on if you like, but kindly confine any further comments to private messages here or on the public forum itself.  Do not e-mail me at work again!
 
1) If you are indeed of Ethiopian origin, then I apologize.  However I stand behind my statement that your Amharic was structured as if it was English translated into Amharic words, and is not consistent with Tigrigna either.  Being third generation probably explains that and I should not have labled you in that manner.  I was wrong. 

2) The other Ethiopian forum you mentioned is full of anti-monarchists and anti-christian elements, but your own statements in the above response do not show you to be particularly pro-Christian when you choose to call the Ethiopian Orthodox Church "apostasized" and me "typical uneducated ultra-orthodox".

3)  You claim that your great-grandmother was named Kendake Sahle and that she was the daughter of Emperor Menelik (baptismal name Sahle Mariam) and his first wife, Woizero Alitash Tewodros, daughter of Emperor Tewodros II.  The marriage of Emperor Menelik and Alitash Tewodros was childless.  Emperor had only three aknowledged children, and only two daughters, Shewaregga Menelik, (mother of Lij Eyasu) and Empress Zewditu.  A daughter by his first wife had she existed would definately have been aknowledged and would have been far more senior to either Shewaregga or Zewditu being the daugter of one Emperor and the granddaughter of another.  Emperor Tewodros II's decendents are also well documented as part of the upper aristocracy and a line of decendants who also share descent from Emperor Menelik II would have certainly been documented.  Even if your great-grandmother was indeed a daughter of Alitash Tewodros and Emperor Menelik II, how on earth could she possibly have been Tigrean and Jewish?  Alitash Tewodros was a christian woman from the Dembia district of Beghemidir (Gondar) while Menelik II as you yourself state was a Shewan.

4)  You made the rather horrible statement "When has Amharic ever been taken seriously by any Tigrean".  I'll tell you exactly when.  When Emperor Yohannes IV ascended the Imperial throne, the official language of the Imperial court remained Amharic, and every treaty he signed, every official letter he wrote and every public proclamation he made was in Amharic and not his native Tigrigna.  He was not an ethnic chauvanist and had no contempt for the Amharic language or for the Amhara people as you seem to imply. He was too devout a Christian and too good an Ethiopian to be ruled by such views. 

5)  Your "legal argument" about the Ethiopian succession is completely uninformed.  You seem to feel that Emperor Yohannes' designation of the first Ras Mengesha (the present Prince of the same name is the first one's grandson), as being more legitimate or valid than the designation of Emperor Menelik's of Lij Eyasu, or of Emperor Haile Selassie's designation of his son Asfaw Wossen and grandson Zera Yacob as their legitmate heirs.  Your logic is flawed.  Emperor Yohannes IV succeeded to the throne by force of arms and not through a lawfully legitimate succession according to the rules of succession (or what you call "crown law").  The old rules of succession (what you call "crown law" and is enshrined in the book Fiteha Negest (Justice of Kings) which I wonder if you've ever examined) gave presidence to the uninterrupted male lines of succession from King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba.  There are two such uninterrupted male lines, the Gondar line and the Shewa line.  There are very many lines through female links, including the Tigrean and Gojjam lines which are the two senior female lines.  Tewodros II seized the Imperial throne by force, overthrowing Yohannes III, the last of the Gondar line to reign.  Although Tewodros tried to promote himself as a female line descendent of the dynasty, he was and continues to be regarded as a usurper, no matter how great.  He imprisoned the heir of the now senior male line, the royal family of Shewa (the future Menelik II) to protect himself from any legal challenges based on legitimacy, and married him to his daughter Alitash.  Following Tewodros II's fall, he was briefly succeeded by Wagshum Gobeze, the heir to the old Zagwe dynasty, and maternally descended from the Solomonic dynasty.  He was proclaimed Tekle Giorgis II.  Tekle Giorgis was overthrown by his brother-in-law Kassai of Tembien who became Emperor Yohannis IV.  Yohannes had two female links to the Imperial throne, and was thus from a junior cadet line of the dynasty.  Yohannes IV's only legitimate heir, Ras Araya Selassie died without issue from his legal wife Princess Zewditu Menelik of Shewa (the future Empress Zewditu of Ethiopia) but had an illegitimate son Ras Gugsa Araya.  Yohannes IV named Ras Mengesha as his heir on his death bed and called him his son for the first time at that moment.  Before then he was known as the Emperor's nephew.  There are those who have maintained that Ras Mengesha Yohannes was really Yohannes IV's nephew, and that the person that should be named was the young Ras Gugsa Araya.  Events turned out that the throne went to the senior line in the person of Menelik II anyway.  If the rules of legitimacy according to the old rules were adhered to the correct heir would be a decendant of Menelik II's cousin, Dejazmatch Taye Gulilat.  However, the Ethiopian Church, the Ethiopian Nobility, and the extended members of the Imperial dynasty have aknowledged and accepted the 1955 constitution that recognized the line of Haile Selassie I to be the elder and senior line of the dynasty, and that includes the heirs of the Tigrean, Gojjam and Selale lines of the dynasty.  Your "Poisonous Tree" theory is more damaging to the line of Emperor Yohannes IV than that of Menelik II.  Ras Mengesha Seyoum, the present head of the Tigrean branch of the dynasty has lived a life devotion and service to his country, his province and to the Head of the Imperial family be it the late Haile Selassie I, or Amha Selassie I, and continues to support Prince Zera Yacob.  His Highness is married to Emperor Haile Selassie's granddaughter Princess Aida Desta, and has never claimed the Imperial throne which you seem to be claiming for him.  Indeed he is currently regarded as senior Prince of the Blood, and the senior family elder of the Imperial House.  The charge that he would face assasination if he opposed Prince Zera Yacob are laughable.  Perhaps you didn't see him weeping bitterly at the requiem mass of the Emperor-in-Exile in Washington D.C. crying out "My Lord, my master" as the coffin entered the church.  I did see this, or perhaps you think he did this because he was afraid of being assasinated?  Do you think a man who led guerilla forces against the Derg is that scared of assasins?  You simply don't know what kind of man His Highness Ras Mengesha Seyoum is, and what he is made of.  I also think you forget that both Lij Girma Yohannes Eyasu, and Lij Mesfin Eyasu quite freely claimed the Imperial throne in recent years challenging the rights of the heirs of Emperor Haile Selassie and neither was assasinated.  If you were seriously choosing to uphold the old rules of succession, then why would you be supporting the Prince of Tigrai over the male line heirs of the old Gondar line of which there are more than a few, and the heirs of Dejazmatch Taye Gulilat that were displaced by the will of Menelik II? 

6)  You say that Ras Mengesha Yohannes's present heir is Ras Mengesha Seyoum who's heir is "Prince Stephanos Mengesha".  You are completely wrong.  Lij Stephanos Mengesha who lives in Canada and who by the way helps run the Order of St. Mary of Zion for Crown Prince Zera Yacob, is a younger son and is not Ras Mengesha's "heir".  Ras Mengesha's eldest son lives in the United States. He also has two other sons as well.  I'll let you go out and do some research and find out what the name of his correct heir is on your own since you're so much more knowledgeable than I. 

6)  I will not even address your charge that I am a "liberal youngster" who among other things frowns upon people who attach homosexuals among other things.  I will not presume to know how old you are, so please do not presume to know my age either.  Let me assure you I am well past the age of being called a "youngster" by anyone save the very elderly.  Indeed I am middle aged since I was born before the 1970's.  As for being a liberal defender of homosexuals, call me what you like, but I only spoke out for a respectful tone to be directed towards all people regardless of who or what they are.  I am not a racist who hates white people as you have infered.  What would I be doing on this forum if I were?  Why would I take such joy in discussing European royal history and current events on this forum if I had something against white people?  You wouldn't know this but I have a great-uncle who married a Greek woman and has mixed-race decendents with whom I am very close, and I have two aunts who married Frenchmen, and one aunt who married an African American, and numerous other friends and relatives who are of mixed heritaged.  Your allegation is just ridiculous.

7)  You have called me "anathema" (I can't read your ge'ez font here so thank you for explaining).  I wasn't aware that you have Episcopal authority to anathemize anyone.  Are you a Bishop, Archbishop, Patriarch, or Pope?  I'm actually an ordained deacon of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church (and not a "typical un-educated ultra-orthodox" but one with a University Education in the west) and I certainly don't have the authority to anathemize anyone, so I'm suprised that you have the authority to anathemize me. 



 

__________________
The Lion of Judah hath prevailed.

Ethiopia stretches her hands unto God (Quote from Psalm 68 which served as the Imperial Motto of the Ethiopian Empire)

"God and history shall remember your judgment." (Quote from Emperor Haile Selassie I's speech to the League of Nations to plead for assistance against the Italian Invasion, 1936.)


Registered:
Posts: N/A
Reply with quote  #95 
I had no intention or knowledge that anyone would be emailed at work, nor do I even know their work email address. If they used their work email address when they registered here, that is the email address at which they should expect for this website to notify them. The solution to avoid that in the future is to go make a free Gmail account and then change your registration info on THIS system by replacing your work email address with your new Gmail address and that way this forum will not be able to email you at your work email, but instead will send it to your free Gmail address.

I can not be blamed for YOUR choice when YOU told this system at sign-up which address it should to contact you.

That is just basic common sense for one who has so much experience with these forums and their operation. YOU can control at which email address the users on this system may contact you by selecting a more appropriate email address.

So take that as friendly advice on how to make this kind of forum software work more in accordance with YOUR preference.

Don't worry, there is no charge incurred for this friendly and experienced computer consultation,(this time).

A more careful study of the control panel features on this system could have saved you said inconvenience.


Lastly, for now. Since you replied in a gentlemanly way, then I will answer in kind...  as a gentleman.

That is the fair kind of person that I am. I am like an "attitude bank": The attitude that you bring me is the attitude that you get back... maybe even with interest. If your attitude is good, I will react in kind. You can't say that that is not quite fair and equitable.

But my answer will take maybe as long as yours did, so have patience. I too have a lot on my schedule,(most of which I don't even get paid for).



Registered:
Posts: N/A
Reply with quote  #96 
I sent my answer in private message, just as we started off.

I have answered you the best that I can for now. I composed it in a public reply, but then decided to send it as a private message, because that is where I sent the first one. I did not send it email this time too. But you should take my advise and not use an email that you do not want this website to contact. You may reply in private if you prefer and you may do it by email or PM.

All I wanted in public was an apology for your public disrespect of my nationality and of my religious title when you mocked me for having the title rasnebiy. So far I have only seen half of that expected apology . The half regarding my nationality and even that did not sound like you really meant it, BUT I will take you at your word. If you are a deacon, as you claim, then you are required to be honest and honorable in all things. that's part of the vows that all deacons must make with God when they become a deacon. At least that is what our deacons must do. I am not sure that orthodox deacons make such solomn vows. I won't try to guess about that. Maybe if I remember, I will ask my friend Abba Tsege about that over at St Mary's.


panafricanforum

Registered:
Posts: 334
Reply with quote  #97 

Can we all put aside our differences and work together in restoring the monarchy of Ethiopia. 


__________________
I am for the restoration of the Ethiopian monarchy.
bator

Registered:
Posts: 221
Reply with quote  #98 

I agree with you. since we are all here interesetd in seing the monarchy restored, and the exit of the republic,we should stick together about the common goal.



Registered:
Posts: N/A
Reply with quote  #99 
Quote:
Originally Posted by panafricanforum

Can we all put aside our differences and work together in restoring the monarchy of Ethiopia. 



If by "aside" you mean take it out of the public forum, I have DONE so twice and do not ask that it be brought back to the public forum. I know how to take things to PM and have done it. So if they bring it back here, don't blame me.


Registered:
Posts: N/A
Reply with quote  #100 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bator

I agree with you. since we are all here interesetd in seing the monarchy restored, and the exit of the republic,we should stick together about the common goal.



I much rather see the Aksumite monarchy or at least the Abyssinian monarchy restored. I am sure there are those who might have a problem with that, but I remain unmoved by that.

They are not synonymous any more than if you were asking a Sicilian tocall himself an Italian, or asking a Corsican to call himself French or asking a Kurd to call himself a Turk or an Iraqi. They won't have it. Imerely assert that I have the very same right to my preferred national identity as said other people groups assert.

Ethiomonarchist

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 5,268
Reply with quote  #101 
I received Minilik's lengthy response in the form of a private message (I'm not sure why it had to be sent twice).  There are some revisionist versions of history included, that allege that Alitash Tewodros was pregnant when she married Menelik, that they produced several children, that Empress Taitu poisoned at last one of these children, that Emperor Yohannes IV used Amharic but hated it, and a rather odd demand that I ask H.H. Ras Mengesha Seyoum make a notarized statement renouncing the throne in favor of H.I.H. Prince Zera Yacob, that he admonished an Archbishop of the Ethiopian Synod in exile to teach the bible for an hour before the Eucharist, and states that he doesn't recall calling me an "ultra" Orthodox (I suggest that he reads his own postings).  I don't think I can possibly generate enough energy to respond to all of this revisionism and quite frankly your religious beliefs and alleged family connections are your own business which I'm not going to go into.  The fact that you do not know who Lij Mesfin Eyasu was is neither here nor there as far as the fact that neither he nor Lij Girma ever faced any personal danger from claiming the throne.  Lij Girma did not go into exile until after the Derg came to power, and Lij Mesfin never went into exile.

I will address the most glaring factual error about how Ethiopia was named.  Emperor Haile Selassie did not name his country Ethiopia.  The name Ethiopia has been used by Ethiopian monarchs for centuries, and the title "King of Kings of Ethiopia" was always the official title, never "Abyssina" which was the prefered term of non-Ethiopians, coming from the Arabic term of Habash, or "mixed" which is a dirisive term for those of mixed semetic and hamatic blood.  Tewodros II, Yohannes IV, Menelik II were all "Niguse Negest ze Ityopia", so unless Emperor Haile Selassie got into a time machine he cannot have changed the name of the country.  A very elementary search of old treaties signed by and letters from monarchs of previous eras well bear this out.  

Your claims of intimacy to exiled members of the Imperial family mean little to me as I'm not going to compete with you as to who you know and who I know.  It does not make your factual errors correct, nor do such claims make you a more credible source of information.

You also demanded that I not call you an Ethiopian, which completely contradicts your original outrage at my first statement.  You prefer to call yourself an Abyssinian you say.  You wish to restore an Abyssinan / Axumite Empire.  Go to Axum and ask any person on the street what nationality they are and what flag they have allegience to, and they will tell you Ethiopia. 

Your hostility to the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia is your own, and you can believe what you want.  How you intend on re-establishing an Axumite Empire without the majority of it's people is beyond me, as the majority are devout Orthodox Christians.  Particularly, the Prince you prefer for the Imperial throne is an especially devout Orthodox Christian as were his parents and grandparents and his entire extended family.


__________________
The Lion of Judah hath prevailed.

Ethiopia stretches her hands unto God (Quote from Psalm 68 which served as the Imperial Motto of the Ethiopian Empire)

"God and history shall remember your judgment." (Quote from Emperor Haile Selassie I's speech to the League of Nations to plead for assistance against the Italian Invasion, 1936.)
bator

Registered:
Posts: 221
Reply with quote  #102 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bator

I agree with you. since we are all here interesetd in seing the monarchy restored, and the exit of the republic,we should stick together about the common goal.



I much rather see the Aksumite monarchy or at least the Abyssinian monarchy restored. I am sure there are those who might have a problem with that, but I remain unmoved by that.

They are not synonymous any more than if you were asking a Sicilian tocall himself an Italian, or asking a Corsican to call himself French or asking a Kurd to call himself a Turk or an Iraqi. They won't have it. Imerely assert that I have the very same right to my preferred national identity as said other people groups assert.

i might be wrong, but i would believe everybody here would prefer the monarchy restored, be it ethiopian, abbysinian or axumite.

Ethiomonarchist

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 5,268
Reply with quote  #103 

There is no difference between an Axumite or an Ethiopian monarchy.  For something to be Ethiopian and non-Axumite, or Axumite and non-Ethiopian is completely impossible.  They are one and the same.  The word "Abyssinian" is a term once used by non-Ethiopians to refer to Ethiopians.  Again there is no difference.  There is a particular political agenda which is at it's core anti-Christian and anti-monarchist and essentially Marxist that has for the past decade and half actively tried to do away with the term Ethiopian.  The argument is that the term "Ethiopian" is an "old Feudal term" used to subjugate Muslims and "non-Abyssinians" such as the Oromo and southern peoples of Ethiopia under the Christian monarchy.  The intention of eliminating the name Ethiopia and replacing it by the term "Abyssinia" is the strategy of those who wish to establish an Oromo republic independent of Ethiopia, and to permanently alienate the Semetic highlander population from the lowlanders.  It is also the strategy of the Islamic fundamentalists to whom a Christian ruled Ethiopia has always been a thorn in their side.  Monarchism in Ethiopia would be doomed if dismemberment of the Empire were to take place along these lines.  No monarchist movement active in Ethiopia for any candidate supports such a idea.  Indeed most monarchists believe that Eritrea should legitimately have remained Ethiopian. 


__________________
The Lion of Judah hath prevailed.

Ethiopia stretches her hands unto God (Quote from Psalm 68 which served as the Imperial Motto of the Ethiopian Empire)

"God and history shall remember your judgment." (Quote from Emperor Haile Selassie I's speech to the League of Nations to plead for assistance against the Italian Invasion, 1936.)


Registered:
Posts: N/A
Reply with quote  #104 
Abesha (or habesha) may have acquired the meaning or connotation of mixed somewhere along the way, IE: that meaning may have attached to it LATER,(much like the way that the word "gay" somehow evolved from meaning "happy" to meaning"homosexual").

But the word Abesha is actually ultimately rooted in the name Abraham as is the word Hebrew also rooted in the name Abraham. That is why the way they say Hebrew IN Hebrew is "Ivresh", not "Hebrew" and likewise the term Abesha is another multi-interlingual/multi-generational transliteration of the name Abraham.

I know we ARE all mixed because anyone can see that very few of us are not as dark as some other Africans, sich as the bantu, for example, nor are we the ruddy (red) complection of the ancient Jews and many other middle east peoples, but are somewhere in between unless we mix further,(like my family has mixed with Sicilian, Italian and Sephardi, which is why I am a light gold complection), so I understand how the meaning "mixed" can fit us quite well. But what I do not understand, Solomon, is why do so many "Ethiopians" try so hard to forget their semetic roots and blood and also try so hard to seperate themselves apart from what much of the world calls "negroid" peoples when both people groups are of which we are actually composed? I never understood that almost aloof attitude that we think of ourselves as a whole different people when in reality we are a mixture of both Hebrew and African (plus and a few more additional ethnicities to lesser degrees).

I don't want to say that we Abesha are racist or hypocritical, but the idea of pretending we are not something when we really are is puzzling to me. I personally KNOW Abesha people who actually act offended if you refer to them as "black people". What is wrong with being seen as a black person? I see nothing dishonorable about being one color or the other OR about being a mixture of one color with another. In fact, since I was in elementary school it has been my contention that every living human being is just one of the many shades of brown, ranging from the lightest beige to the darkest ocher and everywhere in between with the original color being a light rusty red,(which is actually one of the meanings of the name "Adam" in Hebrew, which also means blood, from which you get the amharic words such as DEM meaning blood and and WENDEM meaning brother).

Of course I am just a baby in the language learning proces, but one of the things that takes me so very long to learn is that for some reason I seem to be very taken with knowing the most remote and earliest etymologies of words, maybe for fear of not knowing the languages I'm trying to learn WELL enough, so I get hung up on etymologies going WAY back further and deeper than the average person like yourself into the original word roots. Which will probably be why I predict you will find it rather bazaar that I said there is an etymological link between the words "Ivresh" and "Abesha" and the name "Abraham".


BTW, Solomon, Hegus Hadesh Amet!* and may you and yours be blessed in this first year of the 3rd Christian Millennium and likewise to all others who read this.

(*for the rest of you, that means "Happy New Year", as today is the first day of the 3rd Christian Millennium, which started today, according to our calendar, the first day of the 2001st year since the birth of our Lord and today is also also the 7501st anniversary of the day when God said "Let there be light").





Registered:
Posts: N/A
Reply with quote  #105 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethiomonarchist

There is no difference between an Axumite or an Ethiopian monarchy.  For something to be ...


I replied to this in the other thread I started because the atheistic person who started THIS topic whine and cried blody anger at me when I mention religion too much in what he calls HIS forum. So
since I could not answer this post without mentioning Jews and religion, etc, I did so in a similar topic that I started so that the guy doesnt come griping in my inbox again. If he wants his topic thread to remain sexular or atheist, then that's fine by me. I can and did start my own topic where God is not banned because I do not hate the mention of God unlike those marxist/socialist atheists who strive to make Africa become one nation, (Pan-Africanism) and who want to outlaw freedom of religion.

So your answer to this post was given in the "Abyssinian Empire" thread in a point-by-point manor so as not to offend those who are "allergic to the G-word"! (God)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.