Monarchy Forum
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 6 of 7     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   Next
azadi

Registered:
Posts: 633
Reply with quote  #76 
Mikhail Gorbachev criticizes American hostility to Russia:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-crisis-gorbachev/gorbachev-says-world-is-on-brink-of-new-cold-war-idUSKBN0IS0QC20141108

I admire Gorbachev and I hate Thatcher. Friendly relations between the EU and Russia are far more important to me than friendly relations between the EU and the Anglosphere. The EU is currently becoming less hostile to Russia, while the US Congress remains extremely hostile to Russia. Russia has been readmitted to the Council of Europe with German and French support. Great Britain sadly remains strongly anti-Russian and shelters Sergey Skripal, who is a traitor to Russia. The EU is better off without Great Britain, because Great Britain obstructs attempts to improve relations between the EU and Russia and because Great Britain obstructs European military integration.
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,332
Reply with quote  #77 
You hate Thatcher? That seems a bizarrely strong reaction for her misgivings about German unification. I dislike the legacy and manner of Blair quite a bit and probably in a more extensive and personal way, for example, but wouldn't say I hate him.
azadi

Registered:
Posts: 633
Reply with quote  #78 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessexman
You hate Thatcher? That seems a bizarrely strong reaction for her misgivings about German unification. I dislike the legacy and manner of Blair quite a bit and probably in a more extensive and personal way, for example, but wouldn't say I hate him.

I also dislike Thatcher because she introduced neoliberalism. I'm a social democrat and a German nationalist. I admire Gorbachev, who allowed German reunification to happen, and who was a democratic socialist, who ended persecution of the Russian Orthodox Church and allowed free elections to be held in Russia. I want my countries (Kurdistan and Germany) to be allies of Russia, because I'm a Russophile.
I feel no affinity to the British right, because I'm a social democrat, who support the EU and support friendly relations with Russia, and while I support figurehead hereditary monarchies, I'm opposed to hereditary membership of the legislative assembly. I'm an anti-imperialist, who admire the Haganah and the Indian independence movement.
MatthewJTaylor

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 86
Reply with quote  #79 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadi

The EU has never tried to prevent Great Britain from leaving the EU. The EU doesn't need Great Britain. The European federalists will actually be better off without Great Britain, because Great Britain has obstructed further European integration. The EU has merely defended the interests of the Republic of Ireland and the interests of the EU citizens living in Great Britain. The EU hasn't made unreasonable demands during the Brexit negotiations. The DUP and the Faragists have tried to obstruct the Brexit negotiations. Boris Johnson has accepted the demands of the EU, and an amicable divorce between Great Britain and the EU will happen, if the Conservatives obtain a majority in the House of Commons on December 12.


Azadi, that is simply not true.
Guy Verhofstadt openly works with British remain groups, most notably the Liberal Democrat party.
If that isn't the EU trying to prevent Brexit, I don't know what is.

__________________
ceterum censeo caetum europaeum delendum esse
The Scottish Tory - https://sites.google.com/view/scottishtory
Scots for a French Royal Restoration - https://sites.google.com/view/sfrr
azadi

Registered:
Posts: 633
Reply with quote  #80 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewJTaylor


Azadi, that is simply not true.
Guy Verhofstadt openly works with British remain groups, most notably the Liberal Democrat party.
If that isn't the EU trying to prevent Brexit, I don't know what is.

I admit, that claiming, that the EU isn't trying to prevent Brexit is inaccurate. But the EU allows Great Britain to leave the EU unilaterally.
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,332
Reply with quote  #81 
I don't know where my original response to Azadi's comments on that score went, but Verhofstadt was caught conniving with Bercow just recently. I'm extremely sceptical the EU hasn't tried to undermine Brexit. It seems to have supported the Europhile parliament and has certainly offered us very hard terms. It's basic to the Monnet method, the European project's guiding philosophy, that power taken to Brussels is never relinquished. A whole nation leaving would be a massive violation of this process and the Eurocrats no doubt hate it, as much as they might sometimes have complained about Britain. So, although I think it's less important than this first reason, Britain is a bet contributor to the EU, so it, and especially the other net contributors, will no doubt prefer us not to leave on that score.

The DUP is primarily concerned to protect the interests of Ulster unionists, so I don't blame them too much for objecting to this deal. This deal is not good for the union, as it does seem to further separate Ulster from the rest of Britain (not to mention it will spur the claims of the Scots nats for special treatment).
azadi

Registered:
Posts: 633
Reply with quote  #82 
I apologize for appearing to be an Anglophobe. I sincerely don't hate Great Britain, and I don't want to harm Great Britain. But this forum is very Anglophile, and I'm far less Anglophile than most members of this forum. An international monarchist forum being that Anglophile is actually a surprise to me, because you don't have to be an Anglophile in order to be a monarchist. No member of this forum except me expressing any support for the Spanish claim to Gibraltar is very surprising to me, because Spain is a monarchy.
Some of you appear to claim, that bearing a grudge against Great Britain, because Great Britain made Kurdistan part of Iraq, supporting Irish nationalism, supporting the Israeli Jewish armed struggle against Great Britain, because Great Britain limited Jewish immigration to Israel during the Nazi era, preferring the Osmanoglus to the Hashemites, opposing Atlanticism and supporting friendly relations with Russia, are illegitimate. I don't expect you to agree with me, but you ought to be less dismissive of my opinions. 
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,332
Reply with quote  #83 
You ought not to repeat yourself so often, to be frank. Dismiss suggests no engagement. There have been seemingly interminable debates on some these issues, such as Gibraltar and whether terrorism is ever acceptable (as in Ireland and Israel), and on Iraq. That's not dismissive. I think you do expect agreement. That's why you bring up the same stuff again and again.
azadi

Registered:
Posts: 633
Reply with quote  #84 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessexman
You ought not to repeat yourself so often, to be frank. Dismiss suggests no engagement. There have been seemingly interminable debates on some these issues, such as Gibraltar and whether terrorism is ever acceptable (as in Ireland and Israel), and on Iraq. That's not dismissive. I think you do expect agreement. That's why you bring up the same stuff again and again.

I'm opposed to double standards. You condemned the Haganah, because it fought against Great Britain. If the Haganah had fought against Russia, Germany or France, you would likely not have condemned the Haganah.
https://royalcello.websitetoolbox.com/post/king-of-sweden-wades-into-swedishmiddle-east-dispute-7343859?trail=15&highlight=haganah

Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,332
Reply with quote  #85 
Actually I didn't object to the Haganah campaign simply because it was against the British, if you read my comments.

I have no idea what you are trying to say with that link.
azadi

Registered:
Posts: 633
Reply with quote  #86 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessexman
Actually I didn't object to the Haganah campaign simply because it was against the British, if you read my comments.

I have no idea what you are trying to say with that link.

You claim to have sore feelings against the Zionist armed struggle against Great Britain, because you are an Englishman. 
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,332
Reply with quote  #87 
No I didn't simply say I objected to it because I was an Englishman, either in that years old thread or in the recent discussion here. You are misrepresenting my position.
azadi

Registered:
Posts: 633
Reply with quote  #88 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessexman
No I didn't simply say I objected to it because I was an Englishman, either in that years old thread or in the recent discussion here. You are misrepresenting my position.

I apologize for having misrepresented your position. I would like to know, why you dislike the armed struggle of Haganah against Great Britain. I agree, that deliberately attacking civilians is wrong, but I support armed struggle against colonial rule. I'm opposed to British rule of Israel.
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,332
Reply with quote  #89 
Not really. I see no need to go down another rabbit hole. It's an extremely complex topic. I have given one important reason.
azadi

Registered:
Posts: 633
Reply with quote  #90 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessexman
Not really. I see no need to go down another rabbit hole. It's an extremely complex topic. I have given one important reason.

What is this important reason? I would like to know.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.