Monarchy Forum
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 965
Reply with quote  #1 
- Kurdistan will obtain independence from Iraq.
- The Iranian regime will be overthrown and the Iranian monarchy will be restored.
- Erdogan will lose power in Turkey. The Republican People's Party, which was founded by Atatürk, regains power in Turkey.
- Russia will Ukraine to reassert sovereignty over Donetsk and Lugansk in exchange for the EU lifting its sanctions against Russia. Russia will keep Crimea. The Russian constitution will be amended in order to allow Putin to remain President of Russia until he dies. 
- Britain will obtain a Canada-style free trade agreement with the EU.
- Australia and New Zealand will become republics.
- Bolsonaro will lose power in Brazil. The Worker's Party of Brazil, the party of Lula and Dilma Rousseff, will regain power in Brazil.
- Modi will lose power in India. The Nehru-Gandhi family will regain power in India.

ROO86

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 109
Reply with quote  #2 
The record is well and truly broken.
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 965
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROO86
The record is well and truly broken.

I don't want Australia and New Zealand to become republics, but Australia and New Zealand becoming republics after the death of Queen Elizabeth is inevitable, because of the desire for a resident for president. Australia ought to elect a Windsor, who won't become King or Queen of Britain, King or Queen of Australia. Australian nationalists, who aren't ideological republicans, will support a separate Australian monarchy.
ROO86

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 109
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadi

I don't want Australia and New Zealand to become republics, but Australia and New Zealand becoming republics after the death of Queen Elizabeth is inevitable, because of the desire for a resident for president. Australia ought to elect a Windsor, who won't become King or Queen of Britain, King or Queen of Australia. Australian nationalists, who aren't ideological republicans, will support a separate Australian monarchy.
I support Kurdish independence. I support restoration of the Iranian monarchy. I support Putin. I want Erdogan, Bolsonaro and Modi to be removed from power. I admire Lula and Jawaharlal Nehru. 


Round and round it goes.
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 965
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROO86


Round and round it goes.

Why don't you want Australia to have its own Windsor monarch?
ROO86

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 109
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadi

Why don't you want Australia to have its own Windsor monarch?


We already have one.
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 965
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROO86


We already have one.

I mean a Windsor monarch, who resides in Australia. 
ROO86

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 109
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadi

I mean a Windsor monarch, who resides in Australia. 


I know what you meant.
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 965
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROO86


I know what you meant.

Do you support Australia remaining a Commonwealth realm, because you fear, that trying to establish a separate Windsor monarchy in Australia will aid republicanism, or do you actually prefer the British monarch being the head of state of Australia to Australia electing its own Windsor monarch? 
ROO86

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 109
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadi

Do you support Australia remaining a Commonwealth realm, because you fear, that trying to establish a separate Windsor monarchy in Australia will aid republicanism, or do you actually prefer the British monarch being the head of state of Australia to Australia electing its own Windsor monarch? 


1. There’s no such thing as the British monarch in an Australian context. We have an Australian Queen of Australia.
2. Our Constitutional arrangements work perfectly fine.
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 965
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROO86


1. There’s no such thing as the British monarch in an Australian context. We have an Australian Queen of Australia.
2. Our Constitutional arrangements work perfectly fine.

The Australian monarchy being separate from the British monarchy is a legal fiction. I have never claimed, that your constitutional arrangements doesn't work perfectly fine. I'm not opposed to the British monarch being the head of state of Australia, because Australia was part of the British Empire, and Australia are culturally close to Britain. Not wanting to propose electing a resident Windsor monarch of Australia, because you fear, that it will weaken monarchism in Australia, makes sense. Having your own monarch is preferable to a foreign monarch being your head of state, but the status quo is preferable to a republic.
ROO86

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 109
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadi

The Australian monarchy being separate from the British monarchy is a legal fiction. I have never claimed, that your constitutional arrangements doesn't work perfectly fine. I'm not opposed to the British monarch being the head of state of Australia, because Australia was part of the British Empire, and Australia are culturally close to Britain. Not wanting to propose electing a resident Windsor monarch of Australia, because you fear, that it will weaken monarchism in Australia, makes sense. Having your own monarch is preferable to a foreign monarch being your head of state, but the status quo is preferable to a republic.


There is no fiction in the Australian Crown being a completely independent and separate entity to the British Crown. If you believe otherwise I suggest you go back and reread the Wikipedia articles for the Australian Constitution, the Australia Act and the Statute of Westminster.
ROO86

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 109
Reply with quote  #13 
Additionally, I’m not sure why you continue to repeat the same line that I am “afraid” a resident monarch would strengthen republicanism when I’ve never claimed such a thing.
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 965
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROO86


There is no fiction in the Australian Crown being a completely independent and separate entity to the British Crown. If you believe otherwise I suggest you go back and reread the Wikipedia articles for the Australian Constitution, the Australia Act and the Statute of Westminster.

The Australian Crown is indeed legally separate from the British Crown. But the Queen of Australia is also the Queen of Britain, and she resides in Britain.

ROO86

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 109
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadi

The Australian Crown is indeed legally separate from the British Crown. But the Queen of Australia is also the Queen of Britain, and she resides in Britain.



And? I’m an Australian living in New Zealand. Doesn’t make me any less an Australian.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.