Monarchy Forum
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 5 of 5     «   Prev   2   3   4   5
VivatReginaScottorum

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 365
Reply with quote  #61 
It's worth noting that technically, under British law, MatthewJTaylor would still be a commoner even if his father was a duke, unless he held a peerage in his own right. The German definition of "nobility" is more expansive, I believe. I have no reason to doubt Azadi's claim to noble heritage, though I agree that his constant reminding us of it betrays an absence of noblesse oblige on his part. On the topic of Azadi's genetics, however, I have a somewhat more pertinent topic to broach; Azadi, are you on the autistic spectrum at all? I initially thought that your idiosyncratic approach to posting was simply reflective of a language barrier, but combined with your obsessive fixation on certain topics and clear difficulty understanding why others here find it difficult to get along with you, I'm beginning to wonder if there's not more to it.

Edit: With regards to the post above, Anglican bishops in England are addressed as "my lord," whilst archbishops are afforded the same style as British dukes, i.e. "Your/His/Her Grace." Both English archbishops are ranked above all non-royal dukes in the order of precedence, however. Other bishops, including retired archbishops, are ranked above barons but below all other peerage ranks.

__________________
That which concerns the mystery of the King's power is not lawful to be disputed; for that is to wade into the weakness of Princes, and to take away the mystical reverence that belongs unto them that sit in the throne of God. - James VI and I of England, Scotland and Ireland
Murtagon

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 157
Reply with quote  #62 
VivatReginaScottorum, thank you for finally naming the Elephant in the room (or forum).

Now we wait.

Edit: Azadi, why do you insist that Napoleon Bonaparte's regime is the most representative of all the French ones? By simple maths I have calculated the length of the Capetian rule over France (839 years) versus that of the House of Bonaparte as Emperors (28 years). What do you say now?
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #63 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murtagon
VivatReginaScottorum, thank you for finally naming the Elephant in the room (or forum).

Now we wait.

Edit: Azadi, why do you insist that Napoleon Bonaparte's regime is the most representative of all the French ones? By simple maths I have calculated the length of the Capetian rule over France (839 years) versus that of the House of Bonaparte as Emperors (28 years). What do you say now?

Because Napoleon is the greatest French monarch ever. 
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #64 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
It's curious how a thread that started with a spurious list of claimants to vacant European thrones has moved via the French Revolution and a few other matters to discussing abolition of the British House of Lords, or alternately removal of the only worthwhile element in it. I rather doubt Azadi's claims to nobility, we only have his word for it, hardly the most reliable source. And I rather doubt too that a genuine nobleman would remind us all of the fact every fifth post, or think that his noble status had any bearing on the validity of his arguments.

I don't claim that the fact that I'm a nobleman makes my arguments more valid. I mention the fact that I'm a nobleman, because it's amusing that I'm more supportive of democracy and equality before the law than most members of this forum, despite being a nobleman, and because I often have mentioned the history of my family on this forum. Understanding the history of my family is very important in order to understand me. 
Peter

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 7,442
Reply with quote  #65 
I don't particularly want to understand you. And if I did want to, mentioning the history of your family over and over again wouldn't help me more than mentioning it once. I do have a memory. I think I am every bit as much of a supporter of equality before the law as you. I think most members of the forum are. Democracy, there are varying opinions, but on balance I feel it's the least bad way of going about things, so I'm a supporter. With reservations, which is where for example the monarchy and the Lords, not on the face of it especially democratic, come in as a check to maintain stability.

You might be a nobleman, you might not. I'm not going to take your word for it since your track record here is such that I wouldn't take your word that water is wet, but fundamentally I don't care. Just shut up about it for a while, I think we've all received the message already. If you were to shut up altogether, that would be best of all in my opinion.
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,827
Reply with quote  #66 
I'm still waiting for concrete examples of getting rid of the Lords Spiritual and the last hereditary peers. Thanks to Blair's changes we have a surplus of life peers, and they have hardly made the Lord's function better.

What Vivat mentioned has certainly crossed my mind as well.
bator

Registered:
Posts: 295
Reply with quote  #67 
azadi was asked if he was on the autistic spectrum. he didnt answer but i see no reason to hide that I am on the autistic spectrum. it shouldnt make me a poorer monarchist or my arguments poorer i think. also azadi you didnt answer my question about restoring a uralic monarchy? since you claim that there are already germanic and romance monarchies, so restoring further of them is not important, but slavic restorations are important as no slavic monarchies survive. but wouldnt you then from these criterias judge it a priority to also restore a uralic monarchy? (asked by a person of partly uralic (finnish) ancestry)
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #68 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bator
azadi was asked if he was on the autistic spectrum. he didnt answer but i see no reason to hide that I am on the autistic spectrum. it shouldnt make me a poorer monarchist or my arguments poorer i think. also azadi you didnt answer my question about restoring a uralic monarchy? since you claim that there are already germanic and romance monarchies, so restoring further of them is not important, but slavic restorations are important as no slavic monarchies survive. but wouldnt you then from these criterias judge it a priority to also restore a uralic monarchy? (asked by a person of partly uralic (finnish) ancestry)

I will support electing Georg von Habsburg King of Hungary. The Hungarian parliament is entitled to elect Georg von Habsburg King of Hungary instead of Karl von Habsburg, because the Hungarian parliament repealed the Pragmatic Sanction (the law of succession to the throne of Austria-Hungary) in 1921. Hungary remained a monarchy after abolishing the Pragmatic Sanction.
VivatReginaScottorum

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 365
Reply with quote  #69 
I am on the autistic spectrum myself, so it certainly wasn't my intention to imply that being so is in any sense a bad thing. I would still like an answer on this from Azadi, however.
__________________
That which concerns the mystery of the King's power is not lawful to be disputed; for that is to wade into the weakness of Princes, and to take away the mystical reverence that belongs unto them that sit in the throne of God. - James VI and I of England, Scotland and Ireland
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,827
Reply with quote  #70 
To be honest, I think that he has as good as given one.
MatthewJTaylor

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 269
Reply with quote  #71 
Surprise Surprise, I too am on the autistic spectrum.
I suspect we have a majority on these types of websites.

__________________
ceterum censeo caetum europaeum delendum esse
The Scottish Tory - https://sites.google.com/view/scottishtory
Scots for a French Royal Restoration - https://sites.google.com/view/sfrr
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #72 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewJTaylor
Surprise Surprise, I too am on the autistic spectrum.
I suspect we have a majority on these types of websites.

You being on the autistic spectrum is very surprising to me. We often disagree, but you use to be sensible. Bator also uses to be sensible, despite being on the autistic spectrum. Do you have Asperger's?

MatthewJTaylor

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 269
Reply with quote  #73 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadi

You being on the autistic spectrum is very surprising to me. We often disagree, but you use to be sensible. Bator also uses to be sensible, despite being on the autistic spectrum. Do you have Asperger's?


We don't use that term in British medicine anymore due to Hans Asperger's unsavoury views but yes, I'm in that sort of area in the spectrum.

__________________
ceterum censeo caetum europaeum delendum esse
The Scottish Tory - https://sites.google.com/view/scottishtory
Scots for a French Royal Restoration - https://sites.google.com/view/sfrr
bator

Registered:
Posts: 295
Reply with quote  #74 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadi

You being on the autistic spectrum is very surprising to me. We often disagree, but you use to be sensible. Bator also uses to be sensible, despite being on the autistic spectrum. Do you have Asperger's?

yes i have, and thank you very much for the nice words
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.