Monarchy Forum
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 6      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next
RoyalistCavalier

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 109
Reply with quote  #31 

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcello
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
In truth God has not been a good friend of Monarchy at all. After all if God put Monarchs on their thrones why would he allow them to be overthrown and in some cases killed.


I don't claim to be a Christian, but even I can answer that.   If humans are to have free will, God "has" to let them be able to do any evil they can imagine.  It would be very strange and illogical if there were some sort of magical exception preventing only the abolitions of monarchies, while allowing all other evils.   And as with all good things, what would there be to celebrate in the survival and restoration of monarchies if their overthrow were literally impossible?

The Christian monarchist and the secular monarchist can agree, I think, that it is up to us to work to preserve and restore monarchies.  "God helps those who help themselves," etc..



RoyalCello


I am not that a religious person at all. In fact I am very secular in nature. I do believe however in God and what he stands for. God is a good being who is fighting the evil of Satan and his Demons. I would wish that he got more involved by using his/her powers against Satan and his Demonic henchmen and their foot soldiers of evil. I understand what you are saying about Free Will and that God gave us Free will to make our own decisions with regards to being evil or good, however I would like him to appear in such times that we need him/her.


I do have other bones to pick with regards.

I have a Strong views in regards to the 10 plagues of Egypt, the last Plague bothers me. The Last Plague is Death of all first Born's of Egypt, as a first born son this plague bothers me because if I was alive in Ancient Egypt at that time I would have died at the hands of God . We must remember that a member of the Egyptian Royal Family was amongst the first Born's that died. The eldest son of King Ramses II (The Great) died. I can understand the other plagues because of the evil of the Egyptians and I do agree that they deserved it, but I dont think that the innocent first Born's of the Egyptians deserved to die for the sins of the parents. What crimes did they do to deserve being all killed.

DONT PUNISH THE CHILD FOR THE SINS OF THE PARENTS!


Informational the many more people are sloughed in the name of God then in the name of the Devil. When ever an Islamic terrorists explodes a car bomb or become a Suicide bomber they say Allah Akbar (God is Great). I have never heard of any Satanic terrorists killing the amount of people as so called followers of God. In fact when you add up all the people who has died at the hands of the followers of God vs the followers of Satan you will reallies that the followers of God have killed at least hundreds of thousands times the amount of people murdered by followers of Satan.

Again I cant understand why God does not do anything or at least send a message that these fanatics dont speak for me like giving a text similar to the Ten Commandments to the world?.




ZAROVE

Registered:
Posts: 226
Reply with quote  #32 
I am not that a religious person at all.

This is noticable, if by religious you mean, SPacificlaly invovledin CHristianity.



In fact I am very secular in nature.

So you are, in fact, very religious.

No offence but religion is not oppose dby Secularism, and Secularism has itself shown that it is as much a religion as anythign else.




I do believe however in God and what he stands for. God is a good being who is fighting the evil of Satan and his Demons.

This is perhaps the root of your misunderstandign, then. You seem to think in Dualistic terms, in which heir are two great powers, God and Satan. God is good, and Satan evil, and htey fight oen another iwth Equel power.

In reality, God isn't really fightign Satan in a protracted war agaisnt an Equel. God created Satan and Satan is infirior to God in every respect, which includes in his ability to acutlaly do anything.

That said, if God allows Satan to continue as is, why do you assume he woudln't allow Humanity to?



I would wish that he got more involved by using his/her powers against Satan and his Demonic henchmen and their foot soldiers of evil.

But, at the same itme can't one ask why Satan isn't too invovled? It seems both God and Satan work mainly via Human agencies, who follow thier lead, and very occassionally invovle themselves directly. Sure, Miralce shave happened, and both God and Satan have mae their own Manifestatiosn form tiem to time, but on average its just a leading of the Spirit, not somehtign roe overt.





I understand what you are saying about Free Will and that God gave us Free will to make our own decisions with regards to being evil or good, however I would like him to appear in such times that we need him/her.


God does appear when we most need him. What God doens't do is to override the freedom he has granted us, and inseta dhe imaprts wisdomand guidance, and only rarely a miralce. Although miralce shappen, they aren't as common as oen woudl think, even n th Scriptues.




I do have other bones to pick with regards.

I think perhaps you need to think matters through a bit mroe, as thes problems have been explaiend logn ago by others.I woudl but repeat heir answers.


I have a Strong views in regards to the 10 plagues of Egypt, the last Plague bothers me. The Last Plague is Death of all first Born's of Egypt, as a first born son this plague bothers me because if I was alive in Ancient Egypt at that time I would have died at the hands of God .

Spacificlaly the Hands of the Angel of Death.


We must remember that a member of the Egyptian Royal Family was amongst the first Born's that died.

True. But why is this somehow worse than the irts born of any other Egyptian? In fact, one can argue that it makes moe sence to Kill the firtsborn of thePharoah, to show Gods supremacy. Especlaly given the Pharoahs own claim to Divinity.



The eldest son of King Ramses II (The Great) died. I can understand the other plagues because of the evil of the Egyptians and I do agree that they deserved it, but I dont think that the innocent first Born's of the Egyptians deserved to die for the sins of the parents. What crimes did they do to deserve being all killed.

DONT PUNISH THE CHILD FOR THE SINS OF THE PARENTS!

 

 
Actulaly not al the firtsborn woudl have been so innocent and many where adults. The Plauge did nto end the life only of dependant firts borns.

That said, in the ancient world the ifrtsborn was the most revered of the CHildren and the powr of yor line rested soley in him. THis is particually true of the Pharoahs whow ehre seen as gods on Earth themseves.


The death of the irtsborn Egyptians wa smroe thna jkst the loss of a child, it was the loss of the firts born child, the loss of he who opened the womb of his mother and showed her fertility and the virility of the father, who woudl continue his line and shwo his strength. Honour and greatness where always given tot he firtsborn above all else, and bti is spacificlaly true of hte Royal house, whose firtsborn woudl one day house the SPirit f Horus and be a god to his people, not merely a King.


God showed his own Supremacy, over the Pharoah, and he gods of Egypt, and showed his own power greate rthan anythign they had, even tot he poitn of their lines power.


Also, you must realise that all life if Gods to give and takeas he pelases. We are all goign to diue, and everyhtign hat lives will die. We are designed ot live but a span, and God takes us ll in the end. But ou spirits do not die, and they return to God who sent them. This last plauge did not, form God view, efect anytign permenant, and merley returend the spirits he gave n the firts palce ot him.

It devastated Egypt, though.




Informational the many more people are sloughed in the name of God then in the name of the Devil. When ever an Islamic terrorists explodes a car bomb or become a Suicide bomber they say Allah Akbar (God is Great).

No htis old CHestnut again. The hwole "Popel killignint hename of God" routine misses the fact that peopelkilledin the nameof Atiesm in the French Revlution and in the Soviet Era. Stillitdoens'tpove that God is liableforanythginunseemly,epseiclaly if he didnt personally demand the actions.

The firts suicide Bombers where acutlaly Ahtiets, by the way.


Also,its Allah Du Akbar.




I have never heard of any Satanic terrorists killing the amount of people as so called followers of God.

How many Satanists are htier in proportion?

And is it wise ot lump all peopel who beleiv ein God togather?

What about Ahtiests hwo kill for their own Ideologies? 


In fact when you add up all the people who has died at the hands of the followers of God vs the followers of Satan you will reallies that the followers of God have killed at least hundreds of thousands times the amount of people murdered by followers of Satan.

Not if you counttas followers of Satan thefollowersof the Babylonainandother pagangodsofoldthat demande dHuman Sacrifice and taught rather unpleasant doctrines.




Again I cant understand why God does not do anything or at least send a message that these fanatics dont speak for me like giving a text similar to the Ten Commandments to the world?.

He did. THe NEw Testament is an example. It snot Gods fault if we dont listen.


BaronVonServers

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 11,993
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonServers
Where then are the Pharaohs?
Where are the Selucids?
How does the Kingdom of Antiochus fare?
What became of the Kingdom of Tyre?


BaronVonServers


First things first I dont regard the Pharaohs as being in the service of Satan. 

I'm of the 'all false gods capable of interacting with the physical world are ipso facto demonic.  A place where opinion rules, as these beings can not be commanded to appear in a court of tribunal.

The closer the counterfeit comes to the original the more damage it does....
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier

As a Christian I take a more liberal view on the Great Pharaonic Religion.

So you claim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
I believe that this religion was very Monarchist in nature and we as Monarchists should in a way look up to the Phareonic Religion for its respect and devotion to the Pharaoh and his family.

I see making the King a God as plainly polythiestic, and counter to the Commands of God.  (I think having any other gods in His presence is one of the top 10 no-nos, you know the ones He wrote himself in stone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
I see nothing wrong in this faith at all and I hope that in some ways it comes back because it would be a better religion for Egypt then the current faith called Islam. Compared to Islam this religion is far much gentler and kinder.

I see plenty wrong with any religion that doesn't point to the Holy One of Israel, and Our Redeemer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier


I am not familiar with the Seculids and the Kingdoms of Antiochus and Yyre.

Antiochus claimed to be God.  He tried to have his statue put up in the Temple of the Jews.  Story is in secular history and the books of the Maccabees (I think...)
The Selucids where the Iranians before the Muslim Armies came.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier

I dont know much about these and would love for you to tell me about them so that I can make up my mind with regards to them.

If you really want I'll do the google think for you and point you to so links.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier


I will read about the service of His Majesty King Charles I (The Martyr) and see what is says on this matter. I will reply after I have find it and read about it. I hope it can explain to me why God allowed His Majesty King Charles I and his Loyal Lieutenants to be beheaded and allowed the evil of the Roundheads to take over.


I've posted the relevant sections of the Morning Prayer here on the forum already, but in essence, it was because of the sins of the nation that God allowed their shepherd to be removed, and the wolves to attack.

__________________
"In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas"

I am NOT an authorized representative of my Government.

Learn more about the Dominion of British West Florida at http://dbwf.net
BaronVonServers

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 11,993
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
.......

I would like him to appear in such times that we need him/her.


We all would.  Sometimes He does 'come and fight for us', sometimes he allows the results of our actions (and those of others) to come to their logical end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier

I do have other bones to pick with regards.

I have a Strong views in regards to the 10 plagues of Egypt, the last Plague bothers me. The Last Plague is Death of all first Born's of Egypt, as a first born son this plague bothers me because if I was alive in Ancient Egypt at that time I would have died at the hands of God .

Not if your folks were Jews, nor if they were submissive (after 9 plagues, you'd think some of the Egyptians would have gotten a clue!) to the God of the Hebrews...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
We must remember that a member of the Egyptian Royal Family was amongst the first Born's that died.

His daddy refused to take the actions need to save his own son.  Not a particularly noble thing in this context.  (After the 9 plagues, the most recent ones unable to be duplicated by his own 'dabblers in the supernatural').
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
The eldest son of King Ramses II (The Great) died. I can understand the other plagues because of the evil of the Egyptians and I do agree that they deserved it, but I dont think that the innocent first Born's of the Egyptians deserved to die for the sins of the parents. What crimes did they do to deserve being all killed.

If truly innocent, their place in paradise is reserved - as it was for the first born of David and Bathsheba.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier

DONT PUNISH THE CHILD FOR THE SINS OF THE PARENTS!

Sometime that is the only thing that can actually get through to the parent.  It worked in the case under discussion....
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier


Informational the many more people are sloughed in the name of God then in the name of the Devil.

Only because the Father of Lies doesn't use his true name.  Count the dead under the aetheistic Stalin, and you'll have a number larger than all the wars of religion, inquisitions, crusades ever fought.  And that's just ONE of the devil's followers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
and When ever an Islamic terrorists explodes a car bomb or become a Suicide bomber they say Allah Akbar (God is Great). I have never heard of any Satanic terrorists killing the amount of people as so called followers of God.

Well, as a Christian, I feel that the Islamists has been misled by the Father of Lies, and so those would count against the Devil, not God.  The only 'at the command of God' killings happened during the purge of the promised land, after 400 years of warning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
In fact when you add up all the people who has died at the hands of the followers of God vs the followers of Satan you will reallies that the followers of God have killed at least hundreds of thousands times the amount of people murdered by followers of Satan.

You REALLY need to take a 'Fact Check'.
Mao:    38 Million
Stalin:  20 Million
Hitler:  12 Million

Compared with estimates for the 'Religious Killers'
The Crusades:                    70,000
The Wars of Religion:   2,000,000
The Inquisitions:                  20,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier

Again I cant understand why God does not do anything or at least send a message that these fanatics dont speak for me like giving a text similar to the Ten Commandments to the world?.

He did that already.

__________________
"In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas"

I am NOT an authorized representative of my Government.

Learn more about the Dominion of British West Florida at http://dbwf.net
BaronVonServers

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 11,993
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter

I like the idea of Seth, God of Dessert. Not that I have a particularly sweet tooth myself. The Seleucids were one of the successor dynasties of Alexander, taking essentially the Asian portion of the empire. A number of their kings were called Antiochus, in fact they got up to Antiochus XIII. I don't think a great deal is known about the Kings of Tyre, or if it is it is not known by me.



Tyre fell to Alexander (he built a causeway to the island fortress city).
It was a King of Tyre that was compared to Lucifer in the Prophets.

__________________
"In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas"

I am NOT an authorized representative of my Government.

Learn more about the Dominion of British West Florida at http://dbwf.net
royalcello

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 6,815
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
I would wish that he [God] got more involved by using his/her powers...however I would like him to appear in such times that we need him/her.


Oh good grief.  Please tell me you don't really mean that!

How I despise what feminism has done to both language and religion!

RoyalistCavalier

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 109
Reply with quote  #37 

BaronVonServers


I know that Atheistic Regimes have killed far more people then the so called followers of God. I know that Communism and Fascism has killed hundreds of millions of innocent people that I don't deny. I also believe that Communism and Fascism which are primarily atheist in nature are the most evil movements in history, but like it or not even though Communism and Fascism is evil that does not make it Satanic. I am not talking about who killed more between the Atheist Regimes like the Communist and Fascist Regimes of the past and present but between so called Christian, Islamic and Jewish fanatics who kill in God's name then the Satanists. I have not read about 1 evil regime in history where Satanism was a major part of its ideology. Yes I agree their are Satanic murders every year that I dint deny, but I do deny their has ever been a regime that was a Satanist Regime.


BTW did you know that Adolf Hitler was at 1 time studying to become a Catholic Priest and Joseph Stalin was also at 1 time studying to become an Orthodox Priest and ironically his instructor was a Monk called Illidor who was personal friend of the mad monk himself Rasputin.



I know what hardship the Jews suffered at the hands of the Egyptians. I feel their pain but this is has been going on for along time in history. In 1 Era the oppressor has become  a slave and in another ERA the roles have been reversed and the Slave has become the oppressor. We must realize that slavery was a fact of life back then and in some quarters still today.


We must remind ourselves that Ramses II (The Great) was a god in his own right and to be told by a foreign god (Foreign in terms of in Egypt) what to do would have been in a way blasphemous for him and the other grand deities of Ancient Egypt. The Pharaoh only obeyed orders when he did from his own gods like Osiris, Seth, Anubis and Horus. I agree with you that the Pharaoh should have listened to God when he told him to release his people the Jews and he was wrong to refuse, but I just wished that it was the Pharaoh and his Ministers, Priests and Generals were punished rather then the innocent first Born's. I feel a deep affinity for the first Born's because I am a first born my self and if I was an Egyptian back then I would have died.



RoyalistCavalier

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 109
Reply with quote  #38 

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcello
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
I would wish that he got more involved by using his/her powers...however I would like him to appear in such times that we need him/her.


Oh good grief.  Please tell me you don't really mean that!

How I despise what feminism has done to both language and religion!


I did mean that. Even though I am an old fashioned Monarchist, I am however a supporter of some aspect of Feminism. I believe that we men have been very wrong on how we treated our women threw out history. Hell even thought I support Tsarism I have always disagreed with the Semi Salic Law because its very anti-female. Russia had fantastic female Monarchs such as Catherine II (The Great) and the Empress Elizabeth and for Emperor Paul to make this succession law that only males can inherit the throne and that females could only inherit the throne when their are no other males is pure sexist and wrong. One of the reasons why the Tsarist Monarchy fell was because of this law. Tsar Nicholas II and Tsarina Alexandra could have made their lives easier by allowing the throne to pass to Grand Duchess Olga and to take the weight of the shoulders of Crown Prince Alexei. I am a big fan of Crown Prince Alexei and have always hoped that he would have succeeded to the throne but I do believe that he would have been unfit not mentally but physically for the throne. The Tsar had problems with many male members of his family because many of them were married morgmatically and against his wishes, he could have solved this by allowing Grand Duchess Olga to succeeds him in case of Crown Prince Alexei not surviving or if he could not because of his health, we must remind us their had never been a hemophiliac monarch in history.


We men are very hypocritical in terms of women. After all look at ERA of contention. Its okay for a man to go around in public not wearing a shirt but if a women goes around in public topless it causes a scandal. A man going around shirtless is left alone, but when a women tries to go around topless she gets arrested and forced to cover up. I think this is hypocritical.  


Its Ironic that in Ancient Egypt Women were treated alot better then the Jewish Women who worshiped God. In Pharaonic Egypt of many Gods women were allowed to own property and inherit wealth unlike in amongst the ancient Jews women were property of men. Ancient Egypt was very far advanced for their time. Ancient Egypt had many Goddess and many of them were power full and revered like Nut and her daughters Isis and Nephthys. In Christi any and Judaism the only true powerful beings were male. Their are no female Angles at all. Even Hell has some powerfully female beings like Lilith and Namaah.


I don't want my female friends and family members to be second class citizens, if it was not for the feminist movement they would be stuck behind the kitchen bare foot and pregnant all the time. I truly respected some feminist who stood up for equal rights such as equal pay and the such.


  


Registered:
Posts: N/A
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier


BTW did you know that Adolf Hitler was at 1 time studying to become a Catholic Priest and Joseph Stalin was also at 1 time studying to become an Orthodox Priest and ironically his instructor was a Monk called Illidor who was personal friend of the mad monk himself Rasputin.

 
A) Could you please cite your source that Hitler studied for the priesthood? All the sources I can find indicate that he dropped out of realschule at 15 or 16. No references to seminary.
 
B) Rasputin was not a monk. He was a married man whose daughters came to St Petersbug with him.
TheRoyalist

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,315
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
A man going around shirtless is left alone, but when a women tries to go around topless she gets arrested and forced to cover up. I think this is hypocritical. 

There`s a reason for that!,and i think it´s pretty obvious

__________________
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow."
-Lelouch vi Britannia

'I see no reason that we should celebrate men who were traitors to their God and their King.'
-Jovan-Marya Weismiller

"I don't give a damn if you belittle republican democracy, profit at expense of the nation, or deceive the people. But i wont allow you to soil the Kaiser's dignity with your filthy, feces filled tongue.
I've neither served nor rebelled against a Kaiser who would be insulted by the likes of you!."
-Oskar von Reuental
royalcello

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 6,815
Reply with quote  #41 
RC, I may try to respond to your post in more detail tomorrow, but for the time being I'll just point out that nothing you wrote can possibly justify the ridiculous practice of referring to God as "him/her."  If you want to follow the ancient Egyptian or some other polytheistic religion, fine, but in that case each deity is either a him or a her, not both.  And the God of Judaism and Christianity, if He exists, is definitely a He and is certainly not confused about it Himself, even if in these ridiculous times some people apparently are, which leads to abominations like the "ordination" of women and the deliberate destruction of England's male choral heritage.

We've been over Tsarevich Alexei before.  You don't seem to understand that monarchism is not about what is most convenient for the royal family.  It's about having the humility to accept the hereditary succession as it falls.  If that means a hemophiliac monarch, so be it.

Emperor Paul changed the law of succession because the Russian monarchy had been through one coup after another for the previous 75 years and he did not think that this was an acceptable way to run a hereditary monarchy.  He had every right to do what he did, and it was to his credit that Russia did not face any major disputes over the succession until the Revolution.
RoyalistCavalier

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 109
Reply with quote  #42 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalist
Quote:
A man going around shirtless is left alone, but when a women tries to go around topless she gets arrested and forced to cover up. I think this is hypocritical. 

There`s a reason for that!,and i think it´s pretty obvious



I know what you are thinking. I know that breasts have been sexualised and that is our own fault. I do believe its not our place to tell a women how to dress and tell her to hide her breasts that is her decision. Hell I have seen men with bigger breasts then women going around shirtless (not a pretty sight). Their are society's where women walk around topless and rape is un heard of. I as a male love breasts but I can control my self. When I see a women topless I don't stare but look and move on. We men have forced this on women and this is absolutely wrong. Some women are turned on by the male chest but we are not forced to cover up.

If Women have to cover up then we should too.
royalcello

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 6,815
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
When I see a women topless I don't stare but look and move on.


Does this happen often in England?
BaronVonServers

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 11,993
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier

BaronVonServers


I know that Atheistic Regimes have killed far more people then the so called followers of God. I know that Communism and Fascism has killed hundreds of millions of innocent people that I don't deny. I also believe that Communism and Fascism which are primarily atheist in nature are the most evil movements in history, but like it or not even though Communism and Fascism is evil that does not make it Satanic.

It doesn't make the followers willing knowing, worshipers of Satan, that I readily acknowledge.  But as these belief systems are attacks upon God, they are useful to, and used by, the enemy of our souls.  The "godless communists" are certainly more deadly to their own people than the 'inquisitors' ever were.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
  I am not talking about who killed more between the Atheist Regimes like the Communist and Fascist Regimes of the past and present but between so called Christian, Islamic and Jewish fanatics who kill in God's name then the Satanists. I have not read about 1 evil regime in history where Satanism was a major part of its ideology.

If you lump all the monotheistics into one group, why are you bothered when I lump all the anti-theistics into another group?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier

Yes I agree their are Satanic murders every year that I dint deny, but I do deny their has ever been a regime that was a Satanist Regime.

The Father of Lies doesn't autograph his works.
One of the first lies he told was that Man would be like God.  Is that not the same lie the humanists and atheists now preach?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier

BTW did you know that Adolf Hitler was at 1 time studying to become a Catholic Priest and Joseph Stalin was also at 1 time studying to become an Orthodox Priest and ironically his instructor was a Monk called Illidor who was personal friend of the mad monk himself Rasputin.

No, but I wouldn't mind seeing the citations for these claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier

I know what hardship the Jews suffered at the hands of the Egyptians. I feel their pain but this is has been going on for along time in history. In 1 Era the oppressor has become  a slave and in another ERA the roles have been reversed and the Slave has become the oppressor. We must realize that slavery was a fact of life back then and in some quarters still today.

I don't see the truth or relevance.  I didn't engage in a comparative analysis of Hebrews and the Egyptians, I only noted the differences in their Gods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier

We must remind ourselves that Ramses II (The Great) was a god in his own right

Not on my planet.
Not in my theology.
And not judging by his power (he died).
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
and to be told by a foreign god (Foreign in terms of in Egypt) what to do would have been in a way blasphemous for him and the other grand deities of Ancient Egypt.

So the God of the Foreigners had to rough him up a bit to prove the point.
Sad, but true....
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier

The Pharaoh only obeyed orders when he did from his own gods like Osiris, Seth, Anubis and Horus.

The plagues addressed each 'God's' home turf, showing anyone with an eye to see that they were no match for the great I AM THAT I AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
I agree with you that the Pharaoh should have listened to God when he told him to release his people the Jews and he was wrong to refuse, but I just wished that it was the Pharaoh and his Ministers, Priests and Generals were punished rather then the innocent first Born's.

To be promoted from this life to Paradise is no punishment, (if they were innocents) and if they were guilty, well, all die what is the fussing over, timing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
I feel a deep affinity for the first Born's because I am a first born my self

As Am I.  And I know the loss that comes from having to bury one's baby too.
Ain't going make me sympathetic to an ancient polytheist that thought he could stand up to the creator, even after being shown NINE TIMES that his 'dieties' were no match for the God of the Slaves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
and if I was an Egyptian back then I would have died.

We know that some of the Egyptians went with the Jews as they left.  Perhaps your family would have been smart enough to join up so to speak before the 10th plague, saving themselves and the imaginary you....
As for dieing -  you still will at some point. 
Death comes to us all - and after that the Judgment.
Get ready!

__________________
"In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas"

I am NOT an authorized representative of my Government.

Learn more about the Dominion of British West Florida at http://dbwf.net
BaronVonServers

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 11,993
Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcello
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
I would wish that he got more involved by using his/her powers...however I would like him to appear in such times that we need him/her.


Oh good grief.  Please tell me you don't really mean that!

How I despise what feminism has done to both language and religion!


I did mean that. Even though I am an old fashioned Monarchist, I am however a supporter of some aspect of Feminism. I believe that we men have been very wrong on how we treated our women threw out history. ..........


We men are very hypocritical in terms of women. After all look at ERA of contention. Its okay for a man to go around in public not wearing a shirt but if a women goes around in public topless it causes a scandal. A man going around shirtless is left alone, but when a women tries to go around topless she gets arrested and forced to cover up. I think this is hypocritical.  


Its Ironic that in Ancient Egypt Women were treated alot better then the Jewish Women who worshiped God. 

The Law of Moses is much more favourable to women than that of Hammurabi, which is the only code of law from ancient times other than those from God that I am aware of.  Please feel free to post links to the (translations of) the Egyptian  codes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier

In Pharaonic Egypt of many Gods women were allowed to own property and inherit wealth unlike in amongst the ancient Jews women were property of men.

Women could inherent (albiet only in the abscence of a brother...) under Mosaic Law.  And they weren't simple property of men, either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
Ancient Egypt was very far advanced for their time. Ancient Egypt had many Goddess and many of them were power full and revered like Nut and her daughters Isis and Nephthys. In Christi any and Judaism the only true powerful beings were male. Their are no female Angles at all. Even Hell has some powerfully female beings like Lilith and Namaah.

Hell, like heaven doesn't have 'male and female'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier

I don't want my female friends and family members to be second class citizens, if it was not for the feminist movement they would be stuck behind the kitchen bare foot and pregnant all the time.

?
My granny had more power in her house than Hillary Clinton does in hers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistCavalier
I truly respected some feminist who stood up for equal rights such as equal pay and the such.
 

What has that to do with forgetting the 'animate objects of unknown gender are referenced with the masculine pronoun - inanimate objects take the feminine pronoun as a matter of convention in English?

__________________
"In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus caritas"

I am NOT an authorized representative of my Government.

Learn more about the Dominion of British West Florida at http://dbwf.net
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.