Monarchy Forum
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 5 of 13     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #61 
Claiming only patrilineal descent matters is outdated. Being opposed to Salic law isn't incompatible with being a monarchist. I was actually defending the head of the Italian royal dynasty against the supporters of Salic law on the forum. Most current European monarchies have abolished Salic law. I will not be opposed to a Hohenzollern restoration in Germany, if the current rules concerning the German nobility will be maintained after the restoration of the monarchy.
Peter

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 7,442
Reply with quote  #62 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadi
Claiming only patrilineal descent matters is outdated. Being opposed to Salic law isn't incompatible with being a monarchist. I was actually defending the head of the Italian royal dynasty against the supporters of Salic law on the forum. Most current European monarchies have abolished Salic law. I will not be opposed to a Hohenzollern restoration in Germany, if the current rules concerning the German nobility will be maintained after the restoration of the monarchy.

The above load of tripe is the third version I have seen, and far more temperate than the first two. I was trying to grab the previous one before it disappeared, it had the particularly juicy line 'I admit actually preferring the Federal Republic of Germany to Imperial Germany', but was just too late alas. Still, it's nice to note that the troll is 'not opposed' to a Hohenzollern restoration. Only if his conditions are met, of course.
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #63 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter

The above load of tripe is the third version I have seen, and far more temperate than the first two. I was trying to grab the previous one before it disappeared, it had the particularly juicy line 'I admit actually preferring the Federal Republic of Germany to Imperial Germany', but was just too late alas. Still, it's nice to note that the troll is 'not opposed' to a Hohenzollern restoration. Only if his conditions are met, of course.

Claiming that I'm a republican is wrong, because I like the modern constitutional monarchies of Europe. But I dislike Salic law. Constitutional monarchies aren't outdated, but Salic law is outdated. 
The son of a noblewoman and a commoner being allowed to use a title of nobility as a part of his legal name is more important to me than restoration of the German monarchy, but I will support restoration of the German monarchy, if a son of a noblewoman and a commoner will be allowed to use a title of nobility as a part of his legal name after the restoration of the monarchy.

azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #64 
Why I joined this forum:

I wanted to oppose Salic law and support female succession to thrones and titles of nobility.
I wanted to explain, why I prefer modern constitutional monarchies to the Ancien Regime.
I wanted to condemn the Iraqi Hashemites.
I wanted to defend the legacy of the Ottoman Empire.
I wanted to explain, why I'm a Sobornik (a supporter of the Federal Assembly of Russia being allowed to choose the Tsar of Russia from among the descendants of the Romanovs, if the Russian monarchy is restored) and I wanted to defend Vladimir Putin, while supporting restoration of the Romanov monarchy of Russia after the death of Putin.
I wanted to condemn the Iranian regime and support Reza Pahlavi.
I wanted to condemn Spanish republicanism and defend Francisco Franco. 
I wanted to explain, why Nestorius wasn't a heretic.
I wanted to publish my alternate history story about the Russian Revolution and World War I.



Peter

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 7,442
Reply with quote  #65 
You forgot about wanting to cure the forum's British members of their disgusting pro-Britain bias. Also about supporting satem monarchies, of which there are none, and not caring about centum monarchies. And I expect a fair few other things, there are only ten items in the iteration current as I write this (nine points, but one is a twofer) and I'm sure you've given far more than ten different explanations of why you joined before now. I think I hit on the true one a couple of posts ago.
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,827
Reply with quote  #66 
Azadi, as I said, your position is fundamentally inconsistent. You wish to claim the status of a traditional German nobleman. This implies you would be one under the traditional rules of German nobility, before 1919; however, you wish to apply modern ideas about noble surnames and how these are passed on. You cannot square this. You are not a nobleman by traditional rules and you can not apply new mores about surnames and matrilineal inheritance of surnames to claim the traditional status. I think it's time to change the forum demographic survey. We have one more commoner here.
AaronTraas

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 528
Reply with quote  #67 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadi

I'm sick and tired of the other members of this forum comparing me to impostors. My surname and my coat of arms are important parts of my identity. Claiming that me using the surname of my mother is comparable to a person, which isn't descended from a noble family, usurping a title of nobility, is frankly offensive


I'm sick and tired of you quoting people and not answering their questions.

I'm also sick and tired about hearing what you are sick and tired about.
AaronTraas

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 528
Reply with quote  #68 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadi
Why I joined this forum:


No one cares.
bator

Registered:
Posts: 295
Reply with quote  #69 

I want to be inaugurated rather than crowned, if I'm elected Shah of Kurdistan, because I want Kurdistan to be a secular state. The King of Spain and the King of Belgium are inaugurated rather than crowned. [/QUOTE
please dont be so boring. i want bread and circus. more coronations please, there are far too few of them. i would support you as shah of kurdistan versus any president, but i would prefer the heir to the ottoman sultans as they were the first to use the title of kurdistan. or maybe the heir to barzanji, i dont remember how to spell his name.
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #70 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessexman
Azadi, as I said, your position is fundamentally inconsistent. You wish to claim the status of a traditional German nobleman. This implies you would be one under the traditional rules of German nobility, before 1919; however, you wish to apply modern ideas about noble surnames and how these are passed on. You cannot square this. You are not a nobleman by traditional rules and you can not apply new mores about surnames and matrilineal inheritance of surnames to claim the traditional status. I think it's time to change the forum demographic survey. We have one more commoner here.

Do you honestly claim that a son of a noblewoman and a commoner, who use a title of nobility, such as Graf or Freiherr, as part of his name with the permission of the German government, is a commoner? Claiming that Graf and Freiherr are surnames is wrong. Graf and Freiherr are legally parts of the surname in Germany, but they aren't real surnames. They are titles of nobility. A person, who uses Graf or Freiherr as part of his legal surname uses a real surname too. You claim that using the real surname of a noble family doesn't make you a nobleman. But using titles of nobility, such as Graf or Freiherr, isn't comparable to merely using the real surname of a noble family.

azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #71 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bator

I want to be inaugurated rather than crowned, if I'm elected Shah of Kurdistan, because I want Kurdistan to be a secular state. The King of Spain and the King of Belgium are inaugurated rather than crowned. [/QUOTE
please dont be so boring. i want bread and circus. more coronations please, there are far too few of them. i would support you as shah of kurdistan versus any president, but i would prefer the heir to the ottoman sultans as they were the first to use the title of kurdistan. or maybe the heir to barzanji, i dont remember how to spell his name.

Religious coronations are inappropriate in secular states.
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #72 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
You forgot about wanting to cure the forum's British members of their disgusting pro-Britain bias. Also about supporting satem monarchies, of which there are none, and not caring about centum monarchies. And I expect a fair few other things, there are only ten items in the iteration current as I write this (nine points, but one is a twofer) and I'm sure you've given far more than ten different explanations of why you joined before now. I think I hit on the true one a couple of posts ago.

Claiming that I only support Satem monarchies was a joke. I support restoration of the Russian monarchy and restoration of Iranic monarchies, while not supporting restoration of Western European monarchies, but I support restoration of the Russian monarchy, because the Romanovs are my favourite royal dynasty and because a Romanov restoration will be a symbolic rejection of the Bolshevik Revolution, not because the Russian language is a Satem language. I support restoration of Iranic monarchies, because the Kurds are an Iranic people, not because the Iranic languages are Satem languages. I support the current Centum monarchies. 
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,827
Reply with quote  #73 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadi

Do you honestly claim that a son of a noblewoman and a commoner, who use a title of nobility, such as Graf or Freiherr, as part of his name with the permission of the German government, is a commoner? Claiming that Graf and Freiherr are surnames is wrong. Graf and Freiherr are legally parts of the surname in Germany, but they aren't real surnames. They are titles of nobility. A person, who uses Graf or Freiherr as part of his legal surname uses a real surname too. You claim that using the real surname of a noble family doesn't make you a nobleman. But using titles of nobility, such as Graf or Freiherr, isn't comparable to merely using the real surname of a noble family.

It was you making the first claim in this post, so you need to back it up. You can't make unsupported claims and expect others to prove otherwise. It also isn't clear what you mean by noblewomen here and whether your mother would count, not herself being an heiress to a title.

The claim about these being titles and not surnames seems dubious. It contradicts my interpretation of the Wikipedia page and everything else I have read. The German government doesn't recognise titles of nobility, but allows them as surnames. This doesn't prove that the surnames are titles. Please back up your claim. For a start, if what you say is true, it would seem to greatly increase the amount of people with titles, as now everyone in the family who has the surname has the title.
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #74 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessexman
It was you making the first claim in this post, so you need to back it up. You can't make unsupported claims and expect others to prove otherwise. It also isn't clear what you mean by noblewomen here and whether your mother would count, not herself being an heiress to a title.

The claim about these being titles and not surnames seems dubious. It contradicts my interpretation of the Wikipedia page and everything else I have read. The German government doesn't recognise titles of nobility, but allows them as surnames. This doesn't prove that the surnames are titles. Please back up your claim. For a start, if what you say is true, it would seem to greatly increase the amount of people with titles, as now everyone in the family who has the surname has the title.

Graf and Freiherr were titles of nobility before 1919. Claiming that a person, who is entitled to use Graf or Freiherr as a part of his surname according to the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany, isn't a nobleman is ridiculous. Distinguishing between the real surname of a noble family and a title of nobility, which legally is a part of the surname, is very important. 
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,827
Reply with quote  #75 
Yes, I was able to read your first several repetitions of this claim. I thought you were going to stop the mantras? Kindly prove your claim. Who is entitled? Anyone whose father or, apparently, mother had that surname? And then their children in turn? So, in essence, just like a normal surname. Then that is a great inflation of the amount of people who can bear the surname, in comparison to who would have had the original title. Kindly prove that the mere possession of this surname is the same as possessing the status of a nobleman. And just repeating the claim for the thousandth time is not proof.

Heck, the two passages in that post even seem contradictory: you are claiming precisely there is no difference between being a nobleman and having a title in one's surname.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.