Monarchy Forum
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 12 of 13     «   Prev   9   10   11   12   13   Next
MatthewJTaylor

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 277
Reply with quote  #166 
Azadi, you do have some love for some crowns.
That alone does not a monarchist make.

__________________
ceterum censeo caetum europaeum delendum esse
The Scottish Tory - https://sites.google.com/view/scottishtory
Scots for a French Royal Restoration - https://sites.google.com/view/sfrr
Peter

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 7,519
Reply with quote  #167 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadi
I'm a supporter of the legacy of the German Revolution of 1918, because it abolished the German nobility, not because it abolished the German monarchy. Restoration of European monarchies aren't very important to me, except restoration of the Russian monarchy, but I'm not opposed to any former European monarchy being restored, except the French and Polish monarchies.

Weird. The troll celebrates the abolition of the very distinction that earlier in this thread he so yearned to enjoy. But what isn't weird where he's concerned? There are four, perhaps five, positions genuine monarchists typically occupy over a French restoration. The first two are the restoration of a Bourbon, which Bourbon being the distinction between the parties. The third is the restoration of a Bonaparte. The fourth is restoration of someone, not that bothered who.

The possible fifth is my own perhaps over-nuanced position, in that I want one Bourbon but not the other, and would prefer a Bonaparte to the rejected Bourbon. Though I would recognise the choice of the French people as the valid monarch henceforth, whomever it might be. However, no monarchist ever has been opposed to a French restoration full stop. I don't believe one has now. As for the Polish monarchy, I won't ask because I have no wish to know.
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #168 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter

Weird. The troll celebrates the abolition of the very distinction that earlier in this thread he so yearned to enjoy. But what isn't weird where he's concerned? There are four, perhaps five, positions genuine monarchists typically occupy over a French restoration. The first two are the restoration of a Bourbon, which Bourbon being the distinction between the parties. The third is the restoration of a Bonaparte. The fourth is restoration of someone, not that bothered who.

The possible fifth is my own perhaps over-nuanced position, in that I want one Bourbon but not the other, and would prefer a Bonaparte to the rejected Bourbon. Though I would recognise the choice of the French people as the valid monarch henceforth, whomever it might be. However, no monarchist ever has been opposed to a French restoration full stop. I don't believe one has now. As for the Polish monarchy, I won't ask because I have no wish to know.

I have never been opposed to the abolition of the German nobility. I have objected to not being considered a nobleman, if agnatic descendants of German noble families are considered noblemen, because I'm no less entitled to use a noble surname than an agnatic descendant of a German noble family, according to the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany. The name laws of the Federal Republic of Germany fortunately prohibit Germans, who lack recent noble ancestry, from using a noble surname.
I'm a Bonapartist, but I want France to remain a republic, because the current Bonapartist claimant to the French throne isn't a descendant of Napoleon. I would have been a staunch supporter of a Bonapartist restoration, if the current Bonapartist claimant to the French throne had been a descendant of Napoleon. The current Bonapartist claimant to the French throne is a republican.
I want Poland to remain a republic, because Poland was an elective monarchy. 
Peter

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 7,519
Reply with quote  #169 
I think what the troll is saying is he is glad the German nobility was abolished, because if it hadn't been abolished he couldn't have claimed to be a German noble. Makes about as much sense as all the rest of his arguments. As for the last line, he is now turning non sequiturs (the very pinnacle of debating technique so far as he is concerned) against himself.
MatthewJTaylor

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 277
Reply with quote  #170 
I am glad that the Kurdish monarchy was abolished since now I can be Shah of Kurdistan and noone will be able to stop me
__________________
ceterum censeo caetum europaeum delendum esse
The Scottish Tory - https://sites.google.com/view/scottishtory
Scots for a French Royal Restoration - https://sites.google.com/view/sfrr
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,852
Reply with quote  #171 
The Hashemites are the rightful rulers of all Iraq, including Iraqi Kurdistan.
bator

Registered:
Posts: 296
Reply with quote  #172 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadi

Long live the German and French republics! Long live the Romanovs! Long live King Felipe of Spain!
Long live Reza Pahlavi, de jure Shah of Iran!

im really sad that it has gone this far that we have to experience and put up with support for the republican form of government on this forum. it was so nice to have a safe place where we wouldnt get to see such things. thank you for having destroyed that azadi ! i agree that the weimar republic wasnt absolutely abominable, but neither was the kaiserreich, and a true monarchist would prefer a monarchical form of government to a republican one.  Long live the German kaiserreich, long live the kingdom of France.
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,852
Reply with quote  #173 
Yes, it seems that it is time for Azadi to be sanctioned. Despite proclaiming he will be less repetitive and disruptive, he hasn't much improved.
bator

Registered:
Posts: 296
Reply with quote  #174 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadi

I want Poland to remain a republic, because Poland was an elective monarchy. 


only for the last part of its existence, not to begin with. and why should a monarchist prefer a republic to an elective mobarchy? i would prefer poland to be a non elective monarchy, but an elective monarchy is far better than any republic.
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #175 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewJTaylor
I am glad that the Kurdish monarchy was abolished since now I can be Shah of Kurdistan and noone will be able to stop me

The Kurds will never accept a foreigner becoming Shah of Kurdistan. I personally prefer an Osmanoglu restoration in Kurdistan, but most Kurds will never accept a Turk becoming Shah of Kurdistan. That's why I'm claiming the Kurdish throne. A Kurd being a descendant of a European noble family is unique.
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #176 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessexman
Yes, it seems that it is time for Azadi to be sanctioned. Despite proclaiming he will be less repetitive and disruptive, he hasn't much improved.

I sincerely wanted to become less repetitive and disruptive, but I failed to keep my promise because of the attacks against my identity. My noble surname and my coat of arms are important parts of my identity. I will never accept being considered a commoner, because I'm no less entitled to use a noble surname than an agnatic descendant of a German noble family, according to the name laws of the Federal Republic of Germany. People, who lack recent noble ancestry, fortunately are prohibited from using noble surnames, according to the name laws of the Federal Republic of Germany. 
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #177 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessexman
The Hashemites are the rightful rulers of all Iraq, including Iraqi Kurdistan.

NEVER!
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #178 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bator

im really sad that it has gone this far that we have to experience and put up with support for the republican form of government on this forum. it was so nice to have a safe place where we wouldnt get to see such things. thank you for having destroyed that azadi ! i agree that the weimar republic wasnt absolutely abominable, but neither was the kaiserreich, and a true monarchist would prefer a monarchical form of government to a republican one.  Long live the German kaiserreich, long live the kingdom of France.

I'm not opposed to a Hohenzollern restoration in Germany, provided the German nobility isn't restored. I'm opposed to a Capetian restoration in France, because I'm a Bonapartist. I don't support a Bonapartist restoration in France, because the current Bonapartist claimant to the French throne isn't a descendant of Napoleon. Napoleon was the greatest monarch of France. A person, who isn't a descendant of Napoleon, isn't worthy of being the monarch of France. I want France to remain a republic, because no descendant of Napoleon claims the French throne. 
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,852
Reply with quote  #179 
You don't have to accept it; you just need to shut up about it. You've had your chance to convince us, as silly, inconsistent, and changing as your arguments have been, and you have convinced no one, so it's time to knock it off.

Look, I'm hardly one who can complain overmuch about obstinacy online, but you seem to think that there's anything to be gained by simply droning on, without improving your argument or seriously engaging your interlocutors. There isn't. It just makes you look absurd and annoys everyone.
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #180 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessexman
You don't have to accept it; you just need to shut up about it. You've had your chance to convince us, as silly, inconsistent, and changing as your arguments have been, and you have convinced no one, so it's time to knock it off.

Look, I'm hardly one who can complain overmuch about obstinacy online, but you seem to think that there's anything to be gained by simply droning on, without improving your argument or seriously engaging your interlocutors. There isn't. It just makes you look absurd and annoys everyone.

You have ignored the fact that the name laws of the Federal Republic of Germany prohibit persons, who lack recent noble ancestry, from using noble surnames.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.