Monarchy Forum
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 13      1   2   3   4   Next   »
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #1 
Some members of the forum have asked whether I'm an Autist. I have denied being an Autist, because I haven't been diagnosed with autism. I admit that I may have Asperger's, because social interaction is difficult for me and social interaction is difficult for people with Asperger's. I have often noticed that social interaction is far easier for my sister than for me. My sister have a lot of friends, but I have rarely had friends.
MatthewJTaylor

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 277
Reply with quote  #2 

In all seriousness, I think you should speak this through with a professional (likely the German equivalent of a GP [General Practitioner, a British Family and Community Doctor], who can refer you elsewhere if necessary).
Whilst Asperger's does not tend to be totally disabilitative, it may be helpful to have an official diagnosis such that assistance which would be useful to you could be made available, such as reasonable provisions made by an employer.

I have no familiarity with German (or Kurdish for that matter) law, but in the UK, employers, universities and public services etc. are legally obliged to make realistic adjustments so as to aid those with a recognised disability, but this can only be achieved with a diagnosis.


__________________
ceterum censeo caetum europaeum delendum esse
The Scottish Tory - https://sites.google.com/view/scottishtory
Scots for a French Royal Restoration - https://sites.google.com/view/sfrr
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewJTaylor

In all seriousness, I think you should speak this through with a professional (likely the German equivalent of a GP [General Practitioner, a British Family and Community Doctor], who can refer you elsewhere if necessary).
Whilst Asperger's does not tend to be totally disabilitative, it may be helpful to have an official diagnosis such that assistance which would be useful to you could be made available, such as reasonable provisions made by an employer.

I have no familiarity with German (or Kurdish for that matter) law, but in the UK, employers, universities and public services etc. are legally obliged to make realistic adjustments so as to aid those with a recognised disability, but this can only be achieved with a diagnosis.


I won't renounce my claim to the Kurdish throne.
MatthewJTaylor

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 277
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadi

I won't renounce my claim to the Kurdish throne.

Ok...
I didn't ask you to.

__________________
ceterum censeo caetum europaeum delendum esse
The Scottish Tory - https://sites.google.com/view/scottishtory
Scots for a French Royal Restoration - https://sites.google.com/view/sfrr
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewJTaylor

Ok...
I didn't ask you to.

I want to be inaugurated rather than crowned, if I'm elected Shah of Kurdistan, because I want Kurdistan to be a secular state. The King of Spain and the King of Belgium are inaugurated rather than crowned. 
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,851
Reply with quote  #6 
What claim to the Kurdish throne?
Peter

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 7,516
Reply with quote  #7 
The one announced, re-announced, re-re-announced and re-re-re-announced here. Not, however, anywhere a Kurdish person might hear of it. An unorthodox approach to an election campaign and one unlikely to work, I feel. Then again, nor would any other approach.
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,851
Reply with quote  #8 
I always thought that not even Azadi could be serious about that. Maybe I was wrong.
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessexman
I always thought that not even Azadi could be serious about that. Maybe I was wrong.

I don't claim to be the Shah of Kurdistan. I merely claim to be ELIGIBLE to be elected Shah of Kurdistan, because a Kurd being a member of a European noble house is unique. 
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,851
Reply with quote  #10 
A claim is surely more than being eligible. Any Kurd or probably anyone, is eligible for the Kurdish throne. You talked about renouncing your claim to the throne.
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessexman
A claim is surely more than being eligible. Any Kurd or probably anyone, is eligible for the Kurdish throne. You talked about renouncing your claim to the throne.

Commoners aren't eligible for the Kurdish throne. 
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,851
Reply with quote  #12 
Who says? They wouldn't be common after they were elevated to the throne. Also, didn't you say it was your mother who was descended from a nobleman. Does that even make you noble?
azadi

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,474
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessexman
Who says? They wouldn't be common after they were elevated to the throne. Also, didn't you say it was your mother who was descended from a nobleman. Does that even make you noble?

I'm bearing the surname of the noble house of my mother. German titles of nobility were inherited according to Salic law before 1919, when the Weimar constitution abolished the nobility as a social class and abolished titles of nobility, except as part of the surname. German titles of nobility and nobiliary particles can be inherited through the female line today, because they are parts of the surname.
Reza Shah Pahlavi was born as a commoner, but electing a commoner king doesn't make sense today, because monarchy is obsolete as a form of government. A figurehead monarchy makes sense today, because the king embodies the traditions and the history of the nation. A commoner becoming a figurehead king doesn't make sense. 
Murtagon

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 214
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azadi

because monarchy is obsolete as a form of government


Um, I wonder what Royalcello would think about that statement...
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,851
Reply with quote  #15 
Azadi, your last paragraph doesn't make any sense to me. I can't quite work out what you are even saying, although you seem, again, to be taking a decidedly sceptical tone about monarchy. Why crowning a nobleman would be a lot better than a commoner is hard to see, if monarchy is outdated. It is also interesting how the ethos behind your stance here seems to conflict with your strong dislike for privileges of nobility in Britain.

I'm also not sure what you mean in your first paragraph. You mean that you use your mother's name because it is a noble one? Why does this make you a nobleman? I believe that Germans no more than Brits traditionally hand on surnames from mother to children. I suppose there is no set rules for nobility that cover all societies, but it seems a stretch to me to say the children of the granddaughter of an earl are automatically nobility. At best, we might call them gentry.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.