Monarchy Forum
Register Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 39 of 40     «   Prev   36   37   38   39   40   Next
Ethiomonarchist

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 5,180
Reply with quote  #571 
Prince Carlos Patrick Godehard of Hohenzollern has apparently committed suicide in Frankfurt am Main by jumping from a hotel.  The prince was on furlough from a prison where he was serving time for fraud.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5435185/German-prince-falls-death-Frankfurt-hotel-roof.html

__________________
The Lion of Judah hath prevailed.

Ethiopia stretches her hands unto God (Quote from Psalm 68 which served as the Imperial Motto of the Ethiopian Empire)

"God and history shall remember your judgment." (Quote from Emperor Haile Selassie I's speech to the League of Nations to plead for assistance against the Italian Invasion, 1936.)
Domhangairt

Registered:
Posts: 201
Reply with quote  #572 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethiomonarchist
Prince Carlos Patrick Godehard of Hohenzollern has apparently committed suicide in Frankfurt am Main by jumping from a hotel.  The prince was on furlough from a prison where he was serving time for fraud.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5435185/German-prince-falls-death-Frankfurt-hotel-roof.html One of the Welfs of Hanover also committed suicide. This is what happens when former royal dynasties begin to experience a loss of purpose and meaning and direction. They have become representatives of a Europe which no longer exists in a Europe which has no place for them. When you have purpose, direction and meaning in life, these situations are avoided. Very sad. 
Windemere

Registered:
Posts: 380
Reply with quote  #573 
Thanks for the preceding messages.

The Welf family member who committed suicide in 1988 was Prinz Ludwig Rudolph (younger brother of Ernst August, current Prinz of Hanover). He apparently shot himself in his car at a family hunting-lodge outside Gmunden, Austria later in the day, after having discovered his wife Isabella dead of a possible drug overdose in the early hours of the morning.

Prince Andrej of Yugoslavia (younger brother of King Petar II) took his own life in 1990 in Irvine, California. He was found dead in his car of carbon-monoxide poisoning.

In 1920, Prince Joachim of Germany (youngest son of Kaiser Wilhelm II) took his own life with a gunshot in Potsdam.

Possibly the most well-known royal suicide was that of Crown Prince Rudolf of Austria ( only son of Emperor Franz Joseph), who apparently shot himself, along with his maitresse Marie Vetsera, in a suicide pact at Mayerling Hunting Lodge outside Vienna, in 1889.

There was also the mysterious death of King Ludwig II of Bavaria in 1886, who was found dead, along with his doctor, on the lakeshore of Lake  Starnberg outside of Munich, a few days after being notified of his deposition.

__________________
Dis Aliter Visum "Beware of martyrs and those who would die for their beliefs; for they frequently make many others die with them, often before them, sometimes instead of them."
Peter

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 6,876
Reply with quote  #574 
It is always sad to read such stories. The Mail report though could have done with a little fact-checking from the genealogical point of view. Apart from a confusion over titles (Ethiomonarchist correctly says Prince Carlos of Hohenzollern whereas the Mail says 'Carlos, Prince of Hohenzollern', which would only be right had he been Head of House), this 'disgraced relative of Kaiser Wilhelm II' belonged to the Swabian line of the Hohenzollerns, and Wilhelm II to the Franconian. The lines diverged in, um, the late 12th century. So same family, yes, but the relationship was just a tad remote. Of course they were more nearly related cognatically, though still not very near; twice third cousins twice removed. The Queen as a first cousin twice removed is a good deal more closely related, but somehow Wilhelm II's name and picture does not usually get dragged into reports on her.
Windemere

Registered:
Posts: 380
Reply with quote  #575 
Royalcello, Thanks for the interesting and informative entry on your Royal World Blog for Feb.23, 2018, which deals with the anniversary of Grand Duke Adolf Friedrich VI's suicide, and which sets forth the relationship between the Grand Ducal families of Mecklenburg-Schwerin and Mecklenburg-Strelitz, as well as the morganatic Carlow line (which derives from Strelitz, and nowadays represents the Duke of Mecklenburg lineage). And also for the youthful photos of Grand Duke Adolf Friedrich. However, the caption above the photo of Grand Duke Adolf Friedrich VI contains a misprint. It should refer to Mecklenburg-Strelitz (as set forth in your commentary), rather than Mecklenburg-Schwerin.
__________________
Dis Aliter Visum "Beware of martyrs and those who would die for their beliefs; for they frequently make many others die with them, often before them, sometimes instead of them."
kalfukura

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 23
Reply with quote  #576 
I am remiss in not having posted a note about the death of Jean-Michel Parasiliti di Para, who for nearly four years was known as Prince Antoine IV of Araucania and Patagonia.  He died on December 16, 2017.  

His successor, Frederic Luz, was elected by the Regency Council on March 24, 2018, and he has taken to title Prince Frederic I.

Here's a picture of the current head of the Royal House of Araucania, wearing the Grand Collar of the Order of the Southern Star.

frederic with grand collar.jpg 


__________________
http://www.steelcrown.org
Domhangairt

Registered:
Posts: 201
Reply with quote  #577 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfukura
I am remiss in not having posted a note about the death of Jean-Michel Parasiliti di Para, who for nearly four years was known as Prince Antoine IV of Araucania and Patagonia.  He died on December 16, 2017.  

His successor, Frederic Luz, was elected by the Regency Council on March 24, 2018, and he has taken to title Prince Frederic I.

Here's a picture of the current head of the Royal House of Araucania, wearing the Grand Collar of the Order of the Southern Star.

frederic with grand collar.jpg 
Wasn't the founder a King? Is Frederic directly descended in the male line? The original king was elected by tribal chiefs. Patagonia is a magnificent place- if you can handle the cold. 


Domhangairt

Registered:
Posts: 201
Reply with quote  #578 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfukura
I am remiss in not having posted a note about the death of Jean-Michel Parasiliti di Para, who for nearly four years was known as Prince Antoine IV of Araucania and Patagonia.  He died on December 16, 2017.  

His successor, Frederic Luz, was elected by the Regency Council on March 24, 2018, and he has taken to title Prince Frederic I.

Here's a picture of the current head of the Royal House of Araucania, wearing the Grand Collar of the Order of the Southern Star.

frederic with grand collar.jpg 
According to Wikipedia, the present "prince" of Araucania is not descended from Orelie Antoine I, the founder of the Araucanian monarchy. He is not recognized by the Mapuche community in Patagonia and Araucania. Orelie Antoine I never married or had children. His successors appear to have been nominated by their predecessors, or self -appointed. The monarchy was supposed to be a hereditary monarchy.
kalfukura

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 23
Reply with quote  #579 
If you're interested in the constitutional issues, you can read the documents at http://www.araucanie.org the website maintained by the Royal House.

The founder, Orelie-Antoine, was elected king by a parliament of Mapuche chiefs, entirely in keeping with Mapuche tradition.

Once he was king, he established a constitution, with a variety of constitutional bodies among whom the powers of the sovereign were distributed.

As Orelie-Antoine's life was drawing to a close, he realized no one in his family wanted the burden of the crown, and so he named Achille Laviarde his successor, thus establishing the principle that the crown 1) could pass by heredity, or 2) that the ruling sovereign could name his successor.

That dual principle held through the next five sovereigns, for which there were two nominations and three natural descents.

Prince Philippe, the sixth sovereign, amended the constitution to allow for a third possibility -- election by a Regency Council.  Thus, as of January 1, 2014, it was possible for the Araucanian crown to 1) pass by hereditary descent, 2) nomination by the reigning sovereign, or 3) election by the Regency Council.  In the transfer from Prince Philippe to Prince Antoine IV, it was the third option that was used.

Now, during the reign of Prince Antoine IV, he again modified the constitution, this time making the position purely elective, with the determination being made by the Regency Council.  That's what happened on March 24, 2018 in Paris.  The Regency Council consists of the Council of the Kingdom and the Council of the State, with a total of 15 councilors at present.  Of those 15 councilors, four are Mapuche and one is married to a Mapuche.

I maintain the website of the North American Araucanian Royalist Society at http://www.steelcrown.org -- we have been around since 1995 and mostly concerned with the history of the kingdom.  We publish a periodic journal called The Steel Crown.

__________________
http://www.steelcrown.org
Domhangairt

Registered:
Posts: 201
Reply with quote  #580 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfukura
If you're interested in the constitutional issues, you can read the documents at http://www.araucanie.org the website maintained by the Royal House.

The founder, Orelie-Antoine, was elected king by a parliament of Mapuche chiefs, entirely in keeping with Mapuche tradition.

Once he was king, he established a constitution, with a variety of constitutional bodies among whom the powers of the sovereign were distributed.

As Orelie-Antoine's life was drawing to a close, he realized no one in his family wanted the burden of the crown, and so he named Achille Laviarde his successor, thus establishing the principle that the crown 1) could pass by heredity, or 2) that the ruling sovereign could name his successor.

That dual principle held through the next five sovereigns, for which there were two nominations and three natural descents.

Prince Philippe, the sixth sovereign, amended the constitution to allow for a third possibility -- election by a Regency Council.  Thus, as of January 1, 2014, it was possible for the Araucanian crown to 1) pass by hereditary descent, 2) nomination by the reigning sovereign, or 3) election by the Regency Council.  In the transfer from Prince Philippe to Prince Antoine IV, it was the third option that was used.

Now, during the reign of Prince Antoine IV, he again modified the constitution, this time making the position purely elective, with the determination being made by the Regency Council.  That's what happened on March 24, 2018 in Paris.  The Regency Council consists of the Council of the Kingdom and the Council of the State, with a total of 15 councilors at present.  Of those 15 councilors, four are Mapuche and one is married to a Mapuche.

I maintain the website of the North American Araucanian Royalist Society at http://www.steelcrown.org -- we have been around since 1995 and mostly concerned with the history of the kingdom.  We publish a periodic journal called The Steel Crown.
Thanks for this. Is there any relationship between Antoine IV and the original Orelie Antoine? Do the Mapuche have any autonomous recognition from either Chile or Argentina?
kalfukura

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 23
Reply with quote  #581 
There is no genealogical connection between Antoine IV and Orelie-Antoine.  Or, none that I know of.

There are many efforts by Mapuche within both Chile and Argentina to assert increased control within their lands and communities.  I do not speak for the Mapuche, but I do believe there is a desire for self-determination and some kind of autonomy.  Bit issues in the Mapuche territory are 1) land rights -- here's where traditional patterns of land ownership clash with imported European models, a clash seen throughout the Americas -- and 2) language rights.  

If you are interested in Mapuche issues, I can point you to Mapuche International Link, which regularly publishes on the web about what's going on in Mapuche territories.  They are supportive of the Kingdom of Araucania and Patagonia -- taking it to have been a legitimate, though failed, attempt by the Mapuche people to assert their sovereignty.  They are at https://www.mapuche-nation.org/





__________________
http://www.steelcrown.org
Ethiomonarchist

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 5,180
Reply with quote  #582 
The eighth of King Mswati III's 15 wives has apparently committed suicide. Queen LaMasango was the mother of two princesses.  She was the wife who accompanied the King to the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.  Details from news sources can be found in the Africa section.

Image result for Queen Senteni Masango

__________________
The Lion of Judah hath prevailed.

Ethiopia stretches her hands unto God (Quote from Psalm 68 which served as the Imperial Motto of the Ethiopian Empire)

"God and history shall remember your judgment." (Quote from Emperor Haile Selassie I's speech to the League of Nations to plead for assistance against the Italian Invasion, 1936.)
Domhangairt

Registered:
Posts: 201
Reply with quote  #583 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethiomonarchist
The eighth of King Mswati III's 15 wives has apparently committed suicide. Queen LaMasango was the mother of two princesses.  She was the wife who accompanied the King to the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.  Details from news sources can be found in the Africa section. Precisely why I don't believe in polygamous marriages- except where the original wife is unable to produce healthy children. One of Jacob Zuma's wives also committed suicide (former President of South Africa). 

Image result for Queen Senteni Masango
DavidV

Registered:
Posts: 4,858
Reply with quote  #584 
http://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/duke-friedrich-of-wurttemberg-killed-in-car-crash-102175

Duke Friedrich of W├╝rttemberg has been killed in a car crash. RIP.
Queenslander

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 625
Reply with quote  #585 
My condolences to the Ruling House of W├╝rttemberg, his friends and associates at this time.
__________________
Yours Sincerely Queenslander
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.