Monarchy Forum
Register Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Arnkel

Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #1 
  Hello. To be frank, I'm not entirely certain I belong here. While I've been a monarchist as long as I can remember, this is the first time I'm reaching out to others. Partially because I found out that I wasn't the only American Monarchist very recently.
  I don't think I necessarily belong here because my views seem to skew greatly from the norm for monarchists(as far as I can tell) which seems to be heavily pro-Christian monarchies. I consider Christianity to have been a huge mistake for western society and will discuss my reasoning if asked. I advocate for a "Heathen" style monarchy(pre-Christian Germanic/Scandinavian tribal monarchies).
  I ultimately chose to post here in hopes that maybe I might find information on some group of like-minded individuals that I don't know about. I thank you for your time.
AaronTraas

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 429
Reply with quote  #2 
Though many here are Christian (I, myself, am a traditionalist Catholic), we're typically pro-monarchy, whatever the tradition attached to it. The only extant monarchy that most here don't support is the House of Saud, as they're pretty evil. 

You won't get any support here for overthrowing legitimate monarchies where they do currently exist. So if you want to topple existing Christian monarchies in favor of a pagan monarchy, you'll get no sympathy. Frankly, I'd rather a pagan monarchy in European states than whatever socialist republics are there.
Arnkel

Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #3 
That's cool. The thought of overthrowing monarchies hadn't even entered my mind. They have a right to rule by tradition and blood, which is more important than any moral code(at least to me).
DutchMonarchist

Registered:
Posts: 818
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTraas
Though many here are Christian (I, myself, am a traditionalist Catholic), we're typically pro-monarchy, whatever the tradition attached to it. The only extant monarchy that most here don't support is the House of Saud, as they're pretty evil. 

You won't get any support here for overthrowing legitimate monarchies where they do currently exist. So if you want to topple existing Christian monarchies in favor of a pagan monarchy, you'll get no sympathy. Frankly, I'd rather a pagan monarchy in European states than whatever socialist republics are there.


I thought most members here took the same attitude towards the house of Saud, though: at least preferable to a republican regime. That's still how I feel, even if I can see where EthioMonarchist and others are coming from with their criticism.
AaronTraas

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 429
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchMonarchist

I thought most members here took the same attitude towards the house of Saud, though: at least preferable to a republican regime. That's still how I feel, even if I can see where EthioMonarchist and others are coming from with their criticism.


I think it's preferable to replacing it with a new republican regime, certainly, as we've shown that doesn't work so well in that part of the world. But just like there are better and worse republics, there are better and worse monarchies. And Saudi Arabia is a particularly bad monarchy, and if its royal house were toppled, there would be no love lost from me. 

I'm against the modern American idea of nation building and toppling other regimes bad on many levels, and would reject any actions by the US or any other government toppling them, as it would end in disaster. 
AaronTraas

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 429
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnkel
That's cool. The thought of overthrowing monarchies hadn't even entered my mind. They have a right to rule by tradition and blood, which is more important than any moral code(at least to me).


Then you'll find a friend in me. Though I wouldn't put tradition above morality, I do add much moral weight to tradition.
royalcello

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 6,775
Reply with quote  #7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnkel
   I consider Christianity to have been a huge mistake for western society and will discuss my reasoning if asked.

 

While as a Christian I'd have to disagree, clerics like Justin Welby and Pope Francis are certainly doing their best these days to make me respect your point of view, whatever its specifics are.

I do strongly prefer strict hereditary succession (which came to be associated with Christian monarchies) to elective systems, but that's not an exclusively or necessarily Christian position.

Monarchists of all religions are certainly welcome here.

DavidV

Registered:
Posts: 4,309
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTraas


I think it's preferable to replacing it with a new republican regime, certainly, as we've shown that doesn't work so well in that part of the world. But just like there are better and worse republics, there are better and worse monarchies. And Saudi Arabia is a particularly bad monarchy, and if its royal house were toppled, there would be no love lost from me.


In this instance, I'm afraid a certain dose of realism must apply here. Any possible replacement for the Saudi monarchy may be conceivably worse than the status quo, unless it is a reversion to the pre-1920s or whatever state of affairs. Conversely, almost any possible replacement for the Islamic Republic of Iran is likely to be better for Iranians and the region - although it should of course be a monarchy.
Ethiomonarchist

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 5,054
Reply with quote  #9 
Any republican or monarchial replacement of the House of Saud that furthers it's agenda of Wahabism is indeed likely to be worse, but that does not change the fact that the House of Saud is an agent for radical Islamism.  Just because they are enthroned does not make them a choice we should support or even tolerate.  They give monarchy a bad name.  I have issues with the King of Swaziland, and with the former King of Nepal, but I heartily believe that those thrones were and are worth supporting and saving in spite of the less than stellar occupants.  The House of Saud however sits on a foundation of Wahabism that makes it repugnant to me and should be regarded as a threat to world peace, regardless that they are awash in petroleum cash and can buy influence everywhere...

Remove them and find a good Hashemite or Alouite prince to sit on that throne and let the world have less of what the Saudis have been funding for decades.

__________________
The Lion of Judah hath prevailed.

Ethiopia stretches her hands unto God (Quote from Psalm 68 which served as the Imperial Motto of the Ethiopian Empire)

"God and history shall remember your judgment." (Quote from Emperor Haile Selassie I's speech to the League of Nations to plead for assistance against the Italian Invasion, 1936.)
Elizabelo_II

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 415
Reply with quote  #10 
I'm similar in my support of what you call "heathenism". I was personally really irritated at the acerbic response from a high ranking Orthodox Christian Priest towards the Hellenists when they demonstrated against the appropriation of their own holiday to honour Zeus into the modern behemoth of the Olympics.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation: