Monarchy Forum
Register Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 5 of 12     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
DavidV

Registered:
Posts: 4,502
Reply with quote  #61 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponocrates


Wasn't he a fascist in a previous persona?


Yes that's exactly my suspicion. He trolled his way through forums and social media and seemingly evolved into embracing aspects of both fascism and Stalinism. I suspect he's converted to a full-blown Red. If it's who I suspect it is, I'll also say there's a certainly irony is that he continuously harassed a well-known blogger, given that I had my falling out with that blogger recently (which was painful for me).
VasilyBloksin17

Registered:
Posts: 56
Reply with quote  #62 
>Wasn't he a fascist in a previous persona?

Again who are you referring to?
Ponocrates

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 2,462
Reply with quote  #63 
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
If it's who I suspect it is, I'll also say there's a certainly irony is that he continuously harassed a well-known blogger, given that I had my falling out with that blogger recently (which was painful for me).


I'm intrigued about which blogger you are referring to.  

__________________
"For every monarchy overthrown the sky becomes less brilliant, because it loses a star. A republic is ugliness set free." - Anatole France
DavidV

Registered:
Posts: 4,502
Reply with quote  #64 
It was the Mad Monarchist, with whom I had a spat on Twitter because I took him to task for his glorification of fascism and basically downplaying its crimes. He blocked me because he couldn't handle debate or accepting he was wrong.

The irony is that MM himself was harassed by the same troll who once came on here, who waged a campaign of harassing him on Twitter and Facebook for a while.
VasilyBloksin17

Registered:
Posts: 56
Reply with quote  #65 
> It was the Mad Monarchist, with whom I had a spat on Twitter because I took him to task for his glorification of fascism and basically downplaying its crimes. He blocked me because he couldn't handle debate or accepting he was wrong.

LOL, this guy, he can give criticism but can't handle rebuttal.

> The irony is that MM himself was harassed by the same troll who once came on here, who waged a campaign of harassing him on Twitter and Facebook for a while.


Well, I can't blame him. MM is horrid and a liar, he's how you say a "white boy entitle little shit".
VivatReginaScottorum

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 295
Reply with quote  #66 
Well, give credit where credit's due; "Vasily" might be an ineffectual troll epitomising the horseshoe theory, but he seems to have made a positive contribution to activity here.

I must admit, the Mad Monarchist has long been one of my favourite bloggers but recently he seems to talk more about immigration and nationality than he does about monarchism. In the past I have taken exception to his apologism for Imperial Japan and Fascist Italy. To give him his due, he did point out recently that it's a bit rich for the far-right protesters in Charlotte to complain about being labelled as Nazis when some of them were performing Roman salutes and carrying swastika flags.

__________________
That which concerns the mystery of the King's power is not lawful to be disputed; for that is to wade into the weakness of Princes, and to take away the mystical reverence that belongs unto them that sit in the throne of God. - James VI and I of England, Scotland and Ireland
DavidV

Registered:
Posts: 4,502
Reply with quote  #67 
Who can't handle rebuttal? My point is that MM basically promotes a dishonest view of history and doesn't like that it was challenged with historical facts. If you actually know of him it fuels my suspicion as to who you really are.
DavidV

Registered:
Posts: 4,502
Reply with quote  #68 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivatReginaScottorum
I must admit, the Mad Monarchist has long been one of my favourite bloggers but recently he seems to talk more about immigration and nationality than he does about monarchism.


To be sure, I feel those are legitimate concerns for many here. I just don't like his sliding towards a pro-fascist viewpoint which is what we strive to avoid.

Quote:
In the past I have taken exception to his apologism for Imperial Japan and Fascist Italy. To give him his due, he did point out recently that it's a bit rich for the far-right protesters in Charlotte to complain about being labelled as Nazis when some of them were performing Roman salutes and carrying swastika flags.


I know that, but the problem is that people like MM have done little to discourage or condemn extremists in his midst.

Here is the discussion btw:
https://twitter.com/MadMonarchist1/status/862044262170451968

And my reply:
https://twitter.com/Everton4Life/status/862052326638362624

You can see here that he is a blatant liar about history, and a revisionist who tries to portray Mussolini and his "feats" in a good light. He even thinks the Left's attack on British and general Western history justifies his defence of fascism. That's precisely the line we reject.
Peter

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 6,734
Reply with quote  #69 
Wow. I strongly recommend to Ethiomonarchist that he does not click those Twitter links, would do his blood pressure no favours. I generally speaking don't look at the Mad Monarchist site unless my attention is drawn to a particular blog, he writes reasonably well but I find his viewpoints unsympathetic as a whole. I had noted his dislike of anyone arguing with him when he was a member here briefly, and he seemed to especially dislike me doing so, contributing I fear to his terminating participation. Whatever, he has his pulpit and can say what he wishes, though after that Twitter experience he is even less likely than before to have me among his auditors.

Vasily has a certain amount of wit and a forceful albeit not over-literate mode of expression. And it is true that the forum has been more active since his arrival, though I wouldn't give him entire credit for that, we have always had lulls in activity followed by crests. I presume the person people are tentatively identifying him as is Jonathan. It's possible, but I tend to feel that probably he isn't Jonathan, doesn't have the same sort of feel to him. He certainly appears to be no monarchist and to have an antagonistic attitude to the forum, and royalcello may or may not eventually bid him begone on account of those things. In the meantime we'll just have to put up with him I guess. We've had worse before, and probably will again.
DavidV

Registered:
Posts: 4,502
Reply with quote  #70 
I know what you mean, my hunch may not be right on this one, but just that there was something eerie about his not-very-eloquent way of writing, use of a meme in a personal message, ad infinitum.

Just that I think people appearing sympathetic to fascism on the Right, or tolerating/indulging the Far Right, is needlessly divisive and damaging to our cause. Chasing such people out of our places is actually stressful and saps valuable energy in fighting the real enemy.
VasilyBloksin17

Registered:
Posts: 56
Reply with quote  #71 
>Who can't handle rebuttal?

MM of course. He's an idiot in other areas, but only competent in history.


>My point is that MM basically promotes a dishonest view of history and doesn't like that it was challenged with historical facts.

See he's doing that ole confederate tactic, "my ignorance is as good as your facts".

>If you actually know of him it fuels my suspicion as to who you really are.

Are you implying his blog is secret?


>know what you mean, my hunch may not be right on this one, but just that there was something eerie about his not-very-eloquent way of writing, use of a meme in a personal message, ad infinitum.

He was as I excepted him to end up being, I read his blog for a few years, had a laugh at his "i'm not racist" shtick, whenever it involves the confederacy or imperialism. I knew he would be a hypocrite when it was convenient. He even downplay the rapings of children in the Church. Showing his true "christian" nature.
Wessexman

Registered:
Posts: 1,039
Reply with quote  #72 
I personally hadn't thought of Jonathan. I had in mind another US poster, one from further south. But I'm only speculating. Vasily does seem very invested in these disputes.
VasilyBloksin17

Registered:
Posts: 56
Reply with quote  #73 
>I personally hadn't thought of Jonathan.

Sounds like a swell fellow.

>I had in mind another US poster, one from further south.

Latin America?

>But I'm only speculating.

We all are.

>Vasily does seem very invested in these disputes.

I think therefore I am.
DavidV

Registered:
Posts: 4,502
Reply with quote  #74 
Antifa at it again:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/10/antifa-throws-smoke-and-projectiles-at-police-at-portland-rallies-7-arrested.html
Ethiomonarchist

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 5,103
Reply with quote  #75 
Quote:
Wow. I strongly recommend to Ethiomonarchist that he does not click those Twitter links, would do his blood pressure no favours.



I lost interest in MM with his ill informed rantings about Emperor Haile Selassie and his sympathy for the illegitimate usurpation of the Ethiopian throne by Vittorio Emanuelle III at the behest of the fascists.

__________________
The Lion of Judah hath prevailed.

Ethiopia stretches her hands unto God (Quote from Psalm 68 which served as the Imperial Motto of the Ethiopian Empire)

"God and history shall remember your judgment." (Quote from Emperor Haile Selassie I's speech to the League of Nations to plead for assistance against the Italian Invasion, 1936.)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.